Hi everyone, I'm new.

Started by kryddturken, Mon 26/05/2003 19:27:41

Previous topic - Next topic

kryddturken

(I hope this isn't the wrong forum).

Hi, I am new to this place and I have been downloading and playing some of the games made with AGS. There is some great stuff going on, very nice.

The old-school adventure genre is really coming strong with AGS and AGI/SCI studio available.

Just a little presentation of myself as I am new here. If anyone would like to know I am myself a writer and a mucisian and I am currently writing on a project that I will translate into an adventure game in due time.

Anyway, hi! :)

Privateer Puddin'

Hey, this may well be the wrong forum, i would have thought that it would go in General Discussion, anything to show from your project?

welcome

Barcik

Currently Working On: Monkey Island 1.5

Pumaman

Synthetique

you use to be in the sci forums right?

m0ds

Welcome aboard :) Dont forget to pop into irc sometime!

:)
m0ds

Raggit

--- BARACK OBAMA '08 ---
www.barackobama.com

auhsor

Welcome. being a writer is one of the most important things with making adventure games. The story is very important.

kryddturken

Yes, I frequent the AGI/SCI forums also. I love all of these utilities since all of them can be used to create the kind of games we all love :).

Yeah, writing and planning is very important in actually finishing a game.. too bad I have almost no training in drawing. Are there any tutorials on the net (yes, I have tried using google but found mainly stuff for those already able) teaching some ground-up basics in pixeling cartoonish-esque stuff? :)

aussie

G'day.

Looking forward to your creations.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.

http://www.freewebs.com/aussiesoft/

danny*

Eero

Hello! I know you from Mega-Tokyo... You registered there few weeks ago, right?

kryddturken

Hi Eero, yeah, sure did. I'm very interested in all of the engines (AGS, AGI/SCI Studio).

Eero

Fuzzpilz

veryweirdguy

Now you must be initiated - put the blindfold on!

Good luck with your project!

well, i'm new to, but i welcome you anyway.
Albert Barillé and Hergé, we love you

Snake

I'm sort of an old fart...not as old as some, but I've been here forever it seems. Anyway, very good luck with your projects, it's definately a plus that you're a writer! And being musically inclined helps too ;)

Welcome aboard, matey!

NOW SWAB THE DECKS JUNIOR!!1

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

kryddturken

Snake, thank you. Yes, writing and musical abilities are important but most games evolve around the graphics and that is the area I need to either learn or get helped with. I am not sure which way is better :).

Archangel (aka SoupDragon)

Do what I did, use low res :P Seriously, it's easy to learn and to work with.

* Archangel hugz his low res

kryddturken

Well, I am aiming at 320x200 of course. Do you have any tutorials aimed at _beginners_ to recommend? I have found a couple of good ones but most seem to assume that the reader are already proficient.

AndersM

8) Judging by your name, I'll guess that you are Swedish or at least from Scandinavia. Correct?  8)

kryddturken

I am, indeed, Swedish! :) HÃ¥ och hej med farbror frej.

Pet Terry

<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

AndersM

Hej på dig själv du. Nu kommer alla att nyfiket undra vad som står här, speciellt om man använder välgigt många å ä och ö...

Quickstrike

Welcome to the forums!  Don't listen to the Americans... wait... I am an American!  AAAH!  PARADOX ALERT!  Just kidding!  Most Americans are great contributers to this community.  So, enjoy and look at the General Forum for funny crap.  ;D
"You know something people,  I'm not black, but there's a whole buncha times I wish I could say 'I'm not white'"-Frank Zappa, "Trouble Every Day"

vbv

Wanted to say I'm new too! ;D

danny*

welcome....both of you!!! :) :)

furrylilkreature

now is the time for all who are small and furry to unite

Bob The Hun

Quote from: Quickstrike on Fri 30/05/2003 05:09:34
Most Americans are great contributers to this community.
That's right. We're outnumbered, but we do contribute!
Now if i could just get a game done...

Anyway, welcome all of you!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk