The Hat part 1

Started by wOoDz, Tue 27/05/2003 16:00:08

Previous topic - Next topic

wOoDz

My latest game is “The Hat”, its gone through some different incarnations over the last few weeks, the main character has gone and replace by this little chap

The rooms are a lot more basic than I intended, but it got to the point where spent to much time making it look pretty and no time on the programming, so its now cut to 8 rooms well 10 with the intro and endi titles.
As for the story.. its now going to be in two parts the first will be almost a demo but more of a tester to see if its any good so I can build from it
Part 1“The Hat” is imprisoned in Gothichell Prison and needs to escape to return to “The Hole” standing in his way are the sleepy prison guard Lynch M High and warden Fryer.
Hopefully the puzzles should take time to work out, and a ‘different’ battle scene (if it works!)
Part two
On the run, persuade by his captors and the people who put him there in the first place
He needs to get to the ferryman who requires payment in souls, there’s holes in this at the moment but will feature a spoof jerry Springer type chat show!
I’m not a big lover of midis but I can’t do music! So it will feature tracks from Marilyn Manson, Black Sabbath, cradle of filth, and the theme from Poltergeist!

this is the torture room i'll add some more later

woodz

Rincewind

Even though Im not a huge fan of 3D-styled graphics in adventure games, it looks rather nice. And the main character looks great! ;D

Besides, I'm bound to play a game with Black Sabbath featured in the soundtrack... Be sure to include both "Symptom of The Universe", "Children Of The Grave" and "Into The Void"... ;D

Vel

I dunno. Im not much into 3d graphics, but they look kinda lego-style.

neighbour

if your intension is to make it scary, try to use less and darker colors. like my avatar. i'm not saying it's scary, but those are the colors you should use. good res and style though.
Signature. I know what that is! It's a state in the USA. right?

wOoDz

yes its going to be a lot darker, and the rendering is going to redone to get rid of the blurring and "lego" effect, and  also make it look a bit more cartoonie to suit the character, the whole thing is built like a movie set, all the rooms exist vutually so when a doors opened the next room can be seen, only thing is it takes a minute or so for the shadow maps to load, and takes even long time render :-\ hopefully simpler textures, lossing  lighting will speed it up!

thx for the coments ;D

woodz

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk