What File Does It Download To?

Started by , Sat 31/05/2003 02:31:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Silvey

Note: Please Reply Between Two Weeks! My Computers filled up so I'm gonna delete it soon if I can't figure this out:
What file does it download to? I can't find it anywhere on my computer.  When I went to Winzip, I think I found it, or something that has a very similar name if that wasn't it, and it said ERROR- something-something-something (I don't remember). I CAN'T FIND IT AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!!!!!!!! :'(

Felipe

Quote from: Matt Silvey on Sat 31/05/2003 02:31:02
Note: Please Reply Between Two Weeks! My Computers filled up so I'm gonna delete it soon if I can't figure this out:
What file does it download to? I can't find it anywhere on my computer.  When I went to Winzip, I think I found it, or something that has a very similar name if that wasn't it, and it said ERROR- something-something-something (I don't remember). I CAN'T FIND IT AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!!!!!!!! :'(
???
Please, try to be more specific....
What are you talking about? The engine zip file?
Just go were you've downloaded it unzip it wherever you want...
If that's not what you were refering to then try to explain it better, cos "ERROR- something-something-something" doesn't help THAT much...

We're willing to help you, but try to make our life easier, ok? ;)
Don't blame me - I didn't know it!   (I have the feeling this will come handy...)

-

Matt Silvey

I'm sorry, it was late, I wasn't in a good mood, blah blah blah, and I didn't feel like going back and looking it up again. Anyway, the error message was:

ERROR: You must create and save a game first in the Room Editor before you can use the engine.

(Unable to find 'ac2game.dat' in C: WINDOWS/temp/install2)

Exactly.
Oh, and by the way, what and where's the room editor? Sorry, I'm new to this. I downloaded the "RPG Toolkit" and I've tinkering with it for a few weeks until I decided I wanted to create an action game, too, so I found this site. I'm really new to this. :)
Sorry for taking so much of your time to deal with me and reading this.
P.S. If you want the RPG Toolkit, it's (kinda obvious) at www.rpgtoolkit.com. ;)

Gilbert

To make/edit a game, launch agsedit.exe, you have this file with you, right? Right?

miguel

"...until I decided I wanted to create an action game, too, so I found this site."

I don't think this is the right engine for an action-game, altough some people did some.
good luck anyway
Working on a RON game!!!!!

TerranRich

First of all, don't yell like that, we can read your text just fine.

Secondly, here is the "right" way to download a ZIP file. Either choose "Open" or "Save As" when youclick on the link. If you chose "Open", it will automatically open up WinZip/whatever you use. If you choose "Save As", it will prompt you for a location. Once it finishes, find the ZIP file wherever you downloaded it. It is called "ags_254.zip" or 255 or whatever.

Then, extract the ZIP file with "Use Directories" checked so that the TXT files will be in a "/docs" directory. Everything should be fine then. Make sure you extract it into a directory you can easily find, like "e:\creators\ags" for me. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk