Red dwarf movie ??? More info plz?

Started by Mr Jake, Wed 04/06/2003 17:50:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghostmaker

If they dont use the origanal cast it will suck, if they add character it will suck, in fact, they should not even try it, and let us keep the warm fuzzy memorys of the series.
Always remeber   "only the good die young"   (rimmer, final episode)
So, this is AGS, i have seen more amature

Nellie

The last two series weren't as good because one of the writers left.  However (according to imdb) he's back for the film, so hopefully things will be much closer to the Red Dwarf we know and love.

Also, the film is apparently going to be based on the original (also co-written) books, which are very good, so that's a positive indication too.

Mr Jake

Quote from: Dark Stalkey on Sun 08/06/2003 12:00:53
I have large doubts that it will.

It better not be like the Red Dwarf version of the pokemon movie!   :-X!

Las Naranjas

If Rob Grant returns it bodes well.

The differences in quality between him and Doug Naylor are quite stark when you read and compare the seperate sequels they individually wrote to the two co-written books.
"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

MillsJROSS

I don't think season seven or eight were that bad at all. I wouldn't argue that they were the best seasons, but they did have their moments. I don't really have a favorite season, just favorite episodes.

I think I'll be satisfied with the movie. Holly's in it, so that a plus (I still haven't figured out why they cut him out season 3-7).

-MillsJROSS

Ali

Normal Lovett (The male Holly) chose to leave. I think he wanted to prove he had legs or something.

eVOLVE

RED DWARF THE MOVIE is set in the distant future where Homo Sapienoids, a fearsome combination of flesh and machine, and the next stage of human evolution, have taken over the solar system and almost wiped out the human race.

The only survivors are the crews of long-haul space freighters that left Earth before the conflict began. The Sapienoids send forth fleets of Death Ships to hunt them down. One by one - the human ships fall, until only one remains.

Its name - Red Dwarf...
James 'eVOLVE' Hamer-Morton

Jimi

LL Notorious B.I.G. Will C-H

sounds crap

someone needs to make a red dwarf point and click, but make it really dark instead of trying to emulate the humour cuz that wouldnt work. unless maybe you just ripped all the dialog from episodes. SOMEONE DO IT NOW! word
Punk Quest 0.5 is now available for your perusal if you so wish http://punkquest.to-j.com

Mr Jake

Nellie

The blurb was written to get movie bigwigs interested, which is why it sounds all conventional cheesy sci-fi-ey.  I've heard it's mainly going to be based on the books.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk