magic word

Started by wOoDz, Wed 04/06/2003 17:53:16

Previous topic - Next topic

wOoDz

how can i make my character say a magic word to make something happen?
ie
if a door was locked you need a magic word to open it, can it be done with dialog?

woodz

Mr Jake

Using Dialog_request I think...
check the manual under Dialog_request for absolut info....

but it basicly lets you run a script in a dialog, by putting run_script X
and putting the function dialog_request (int parrameter) in global script.
Im not sure about this, cause Im trying to get mine working atm

Scorpiorus

When you say "how can i make my character say a magic word" do you mean the player should choose the correct phrase from the dialog options? Or doy you want to make him enter the word instead?

-Cheers

wOoDz

the character, speaks to another character who give him a clue, which is a word in a piicture, then the actor finds it, and uses the word to unlock an object
which would be best?
it is a magic based game so the object could be talked to, so that would make the "word" active once the picture was looked at, so would the locked object be a character? would that work? if so how do i do it, if you like i can IM that bit of the plot, its part of a MAGS game so i don't wanna say to much.its a important bit of the plot!!

woods

Mr Jake

I will help, I can use it to show that I listen to people and have learnt some scripting :)
Im me what you mean and I will try to put together a basic script you can use as a template  ;D

Squinky

A real easy way to do it would be to just give the character the word in his inventory, depending on what your going for. This isn't the most advanced way of going about it, but it could be kinda funny if it fit the game properly...

wOoDz

ty Squinky and hotshot for your help ;D

woodz

Gilbert

That's the crappiest modified part in LSL1VGA IMO, not to say the update was good though...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk