GUI resolution question

Started by Ferret, Wed 04/06/2003 18:16:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferret

Greetings.

I'm a first time poster who's been playing around with AGS for about 2 months now. I've gotten to grips with most of what AGS has and a fair bit of the scripting too (blah blah blah, you've probably heard all this before). I'm working on a short game to, essentially, get the satisfaction of making something with AGS (great program CJ).

Anyhow... I've setup my game to use a highcolor 640*480 screen and I've playing around with a popup gui (custom verb coin, activated by the right mouse button and displayed at the mouse.x and mouse.y locations). Now, the graphic for the gui (136*66*24 BMP) is imported into the sprite manager with "Import for 640*400 resolution" checked and I've set this graphic to be used as the background image for my gui (note : i've also changed the gui's dimensions to the same as as the image).

When I come to test the gui in game, I was kinda expecting it to be a small little coin to appear, instead it ends up being doubled in size and the result is a pixelated mass on screen. My guess is that this is caused by the gui being restricted to a 320*240 size limit (i've checked and cannot increase the size of it beyond that), and that during runtime, the gui is resized relative to the selected resolution (if that makes any sense).

An example of this is shown in Evilspacefart's Underwater Adventure Screenshots ( shown here ). The second image with his verb coin shown is what I'm refering too, a large pixelated coin.

Rightyo, after all that, question time...

Is it possible at all to stop the gui from enlarging the image on a 640 resolution so that I end up with a nice small verb coin instead of a bloated mess?

Pre-emptive thanks to anyone who can help.

--EDIT
By the way, I'm using AGS 2.55rc2

--EDIT v2
Nevermind, I just got the 2.55 final and the problem is no more.

Fabiano

try making the gui with 68x33 (136/2, 66/2) and leave the image as it is.
Yeah, yeah, It happens. A lot.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk