Error Message on location of intro.crm with no intro.crm created

Started by Alexis Vale, Fri 06/06/2003 01:00:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexis Vale

I will try to be complete in my problem.

I made my first game and it worked nicely. I began to make another one today, except on another computer and this time I actually extracted the files from the .zip folder instead of just dragging and dropping them out into a folder. So, I think I'm doing everything right when I'm making the game...with a few additions that I didn't try last time. This time I decided to import a character (Mika from RON site). I made sure I had used MIKA and not EGO. I checked to make sure Mika was the only one being put into a room. I made sure she was on a walkable area. I hope you can see why I think things should had come out okay--I was being careful. Alas, I got this error:

An internal error has occured. Please note down the following information.
If the problem persists, contact Chris Jones
(ACI version 2.54.522)

Error: Load_room: Unable to load the room file 'intro.crm'
Make sure that you saved the room to the correct folder (it should be in your game's sub-folder of the AGS directory).
Also check that the player character's starting room is set correctly.

Does AGS think I want a room called intro.crm? Am I supposed to have a room called intro.crm? Last time I made a game there were just two rooms: room1.crm and room2.crm. That worked fine. This time it looks as if I might have goofed somehow. Might it be because I used an imported character? Thanks in advance.

miguel

if EGO starts in room 0 ags assumes it is the intro.crm room, and yes it is made that way for having a intro room.
check which room  EGO starts
Working on a RON game!!!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk