Lucas arts inventory issues

Started by Captain Mostly, Fri 06/06/2003 18:19:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Mostly

...I've done my very best not to have to ask this, but no matter how hard I look, I only ever seem to find cryptic allusions to how to code up the buttons to scroll a LucasArts inventory window. I know it's crazy, but I couldn't find exactly how to do it in any tutorial (just the mention that it has to be done, taken from the manuel)

Anyway, I'm ALSO posting because I'd like to know if it's possible to increase the space allocated to every item-image within a LucasArts inventory, because my images are all over-lapping and it's really irritating...

PLEASE could someone help me! (or just let me know where to find the ansers!!! I thought I put a fairly similar topic to this one up not long ago, but I either imagined it, or a moderator vanished it for being stupid  :(  )

vbv

I think I saw how to do it in the scripts of the tutorial.
(Sorry if I'm wrong)

Captain Mostly

if it IS there (I'm guessing you mean the scripting tutorial in the manuel) then I certainly can't see it...

You'd have thought this'd be a more common problem... I've been searching for in in the back-log of technical and basic-technical forum posts, and if there are any questions in there about it already, they're titled in such a way as I can't tell what's in them, or I'm just blind...

vbv

Sorry,I AM a bit wrong,I saw it in the scripts of the Demo Game. :-\

vbv

Aha !Found It!(It's From the Forums!) :)
Now, My inv works, but i have on little problem with it. My items. First row of INV looks fine, items are lined correctly.
But the problem occurs on the next row: Items on the second row come partially over the first row.
How can I make space between objects bigger, or is there some recomended size, that should be used as size of items?

Try using the function:
SetInvDimensions(32,32);
...you can change the numbers to whatever you want. This function doesn't resize items to fit, but establishes how big a single inventory slot is. Also, remember to draw all your inventory items the same size, otherwise they will overlap eachother.

Captain Mostly

thanks! I also found the scroll button code here:

http://www.agsforums.com/yabb/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=4294

although I still say that it's a piece of code that should be readily available without having to traul for it (although I suppose it'd have been easyer if I'd had the demo game on my computer...)

thanks for the inventory cell-re-sizer, although I NOW think I quite like the over-lapped look that I've got... oh the bitter bitter irony!

Scummbuddy

I don't understand your trouble... The lucasarts gui comes with ags in every download.  You load it into your guis and then add the accompanied code into its proper place, which tells you where to put it.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Scorpiorus

Seems like not everyone knows that LucasArt-style GUI comes along with the AGS since v2.1.

And I can't find that in the manual... :P

-Cheers

Captain Mostly

Wha?!?!?!? Came with the dowload!?!?!?! How can I have not noticed this?!?!?!

MrColossal

cap'n there should be a file called LUCASART.GUI in your main ags folder?

import that?

i always forget the code for scolling inventory also so i just open LUCASART.GUI in notepad and look at the bottom of the file, it has the script in there

eric
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk