Seeing Through Blind Eyes. - Now with screenshots!

Started by Scavenger, Mon 09/06/2003 10:54:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Scavenger

I awake, but can't see through the blackness that covers my vision. I remember nothing, nothing but what I am experiencing now. The heat all around me blazes, but I am still icy cold. I feel around me, revealing I'm in some kind of room. I hear flames burning... where am I? WHO am I?

STBE is about the ghost of a girl who saw too much. She doesn't know she is dead, or where she is. Only a burning rage and a will to escape the hell she is going through drives her. Of course, her rage makes her virtually solid, so no phasing through walls or vanishing for her. Her first puzzle is to get out of the burning room she is trapped in. Fortunately, she can read Braille (she was teaching the blind herself before she died), and that may be useful. The interface is like Flight of the Amazon Queen, but it only has four options: Feel/Touch, Use, Take,  and Open/Close. The reason for the open/close is because you may come across items that need both to be opened, then used.

I'm going to post screenshots as soon as I finish the demo version, which will be tonight (GMT). So, until then, Hasta la Vista, Baby.

[Enthusiasm]Okay, I'm GOING to make this game whether I like it or not :P. [Enthusiam]

Rincewind

Wow, that sounds like a really cool concept.
Now I wanna see some screens, damnit... ;D

Mr Jake

lol, the intro sounds like some horror movie to do with a serie killer :)
sounds like a great idea.
Of course the scrn shots are going to be of black srns since you are blind in the game??? :)

Scavenger

Yup yup, I've been working on the first room graphics until 12pm last night -_- And I've finally finished. All that's left to do now is making it in AGS...

Oh, and she is blind, but you aren't. She will 'feel' something and describe how it feels to her. And no, she can't feel people :) So E.G she has a ball: "It's rubbery, smooth, and spherical." or a knife: "Cold, sharp, and with a wooden handle." It's obvious to you what it is, but not to her. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE (!!!1!!1!) Don't ask what she has instead of eyes, it freaked me out drawing it.

Unfortunately only people with a direct connection or people with a second sight can acknogledge her. Screenshots pending... Homework x_X

Dave Gilbert

Wow.  That sounds really deep and engaging.  Looking forward to this one.

Snake

Good call, Dave. It sounds very very promising. Can't wait to see a screenshot or two.

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Femme Stab Mode >:D

Sounds awesome! I can't wait for the screenshots.
NANANANANANA ASSHOLE!

Scavenger

Okay... here are the short awaited screenshots! The game is split up into two elements;

The adventure.. searching for clues, solving puzzles and getting access to new intreging places!

And the analyzing part! Sift through your notes of previous conversations (and interregations) to solve differently aimed puzzles and riddles alike!

And, you can't go wrong with a good old custom save/load gui and similarly themed pause gui!

And finally, some charactors.

Oh bugger. I think I drew these too small o.o or the main char too big. Bleh.

Snake

F*CKING NICE  8)

I can't wait for this game, I just know it's gonna be one of my favorites....

keep it up!

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Rincewind

Yikes! With that story and that graphic style, you can't go wrong! Excellent! Keep up the good work!

EDIT:
Hehe, just noticed that the game interface looks like a sort of mix between Pokemon and Deja Vu... (In a very positive sense...) I knew it reminded me of something... ;D

Bob The Hun

NICE!
Complex plot, nice graphics, good premise..
I like what I see!

snorre

boof! first time in weeks i saw screens i can't wait for to experience in the finished (or beta, or early demo, or something playable) game! great idea, great concept and great visualisation!

please keep working on this title!

yours,
snorre

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk