Purple alien on a meteorite 0.9 updated

Started by Synthetique, Fri 13/06/2003 06:16:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Synthetique

Hello all.. Let me show you this:

It's not finished.

The meteorite is going to hit the Earth, if you couldnt quess. ;D
I'll add some faint stars and more leafs, and maybe a newspaper hitting his head.
He will move around some and react to some other things..

Oh, the sides are supposed to look like cliffsides or something like it.

Thank you.

Squinky

I love it dude....

Oh, yeah, and your girlfriends hot....

gonzalezj

Just wondering, but if there were leafs already hitting the meteorite, doesn't that mean that there is like .0001 seconds before it hits Earth? Otherwise, I love it! I would kill to come up with cool ideas like this. Keep up the good work. Can't wait to play the game.

Synthetique

Squinky:
1. Thank you!

2. Thank you! I know ;)

Synthetique

Quote from: gonzalezj on Fri 13/06/2003 06:20:00
but if there were leafs already hitting the meteorite, doesn't that mean that there is like .0001 seconds before it hits Earth?

he is falling down into a ridiculously deep hole and going faster than the leafs that have fallen down from the surface..

Nacho

mmm... I should "curve" the shapes on the side, it could give more "terminal speed" sensation, what do you think?
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

Dmitri

I like it just fine :)

but if he's in a hole... shouldn't there be 4 walls?
Pretzels :B

Synthetique

its a large crack in the earth... cliff sides..

Renal Shutdown

Hey

First of, the little purple space dude rocks..  I want one, for either a pet, a friend or romantic interludes on a moonlit night.

Anyway, the only problem i can see is that the cliff walls kind stop suddenly..  I'd suggest making then a bit curvier like farl said and also lengthening the distance from the sides to the blackness.  Not going from brown to black so abruptly.

Sorry, I'm starting to confuse myself with my usual brand of idiot-speak.  I hope you got the jist of it, it's just that making an understandable, erm, coherent, um..  suggestive?..

Curse my ungood wordinesses.

Hugs
Iqu
"Don't get defensive, since you have nothing with which to defend yourself." - DaveGilbert

Synthetique

it'll look good in fullscreen when i'm finished..
a tiny update...
+dark stars, + a few frames

the tree stick is weird... goin to dark anc seems to slow down and accelerate.. but i'll fix it..
i'll fix the white things coming out of his head.. its going to be sweat & smack-fx

Ali

This is a great shot, I love the branch, but there is what looks like a glitch on the bottom left 'corner' of the meteorite. Does a leaf hit it?

Synthetique

no that's the leaf flapping onto it.. it'll show in the game :)

Proskrito

i like as it is, but te walls seems too flat. what about making the transition line brown to black less straight??

Miez

Wowee! that looks very, very cool! Great animation - love the alien (is he going to be the game persona?). One small things bothers me (a bit). Everything seems so very dynamic, and moving-about-the-place, but the meteorite itself is rock steady. Shouldn't it move a tiny bit as well? wobble ... rotate a bit ...

cpage

man he must have some sharp finger nails  ;)

but seriously I love the animation
it is one of the coolest things i've seen in a while

loominous

Nice. Really like the style especially the meteorite. The only thing that bugs me is the flatness n brightness of the meteorite which could easily be remedied with a contrastboost (some photoshop leveling):

Looking for a writer

Synthetique

thanks all :) .. .. ;D

as i'm using an extensive amount of layers for everything (ie. the shadows on the rock are on different layers) i cant do that until im finished with the looks of it..

Xadhoom

I love your purple alien. This looks great. :)
.::XADHOOM::.

Flippy_D

Awesome work, make your avatar the purple alien.... I have good vibes about this game.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk