Operation: Purple Pursuit

Started by StonedRock, Fri 13/06/2003 13:19:25

Previous topic - Next topic

StonedRock

Here's a bit of information concerning my up and coming game: Operation: Purple Pursuit

I don't want to give too much away, but most of the characters, including the main character, a pieces of radioactive nuclear slime.

What do you guys think of this idea? My mate thinks it's a bit lame and wont be taken seriously. would you download it? It's full of animations and multiple characters, do you think the idea of playing as slime is OK?

Thanks for any response. 8)

Chicky

Hi andy (Mate)

I DIDNT say that :-[, i just said i would be hard to give the character his own character (if that makes sense). It has a lot of potential, but it has to be done correctly. So far what you've done looks great and the intro is SWEET :o, but take care in the slime's attitude.

good luck  ;D

A Chicken

StonedRock

??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'(Thanx Nath ;D

I will take care on Red's attitude, do u think i should change his facial expression? :P

I'm guna try real hard on the animations, and the game is guna kick ass.

The game will have a lot of characters, interactions etc...

Um, that's all 4 now... Ne one wana know ne more? ???
:) ;) :D ;D >:( :( 8)

Chicky

Yeh different facial expressions would look great ;D, like this  ::) you see you nee them because you cant animate any body language with a blob so facial is what you need.

keep up the good work

A Chicken

StonedRock

Corse u can add body language to a blob...

Allow me to explain...

The blobs can move their 'body' parts around seperately, so they will be able to 'grow' arms, claws etc... everything they nedd, in fact.

Body language wont be a problem, although it will be hard to animate, so I think I'll be OK there.
::)

StonedRock

Any questions are fine... Absolutely anything.

Really...

Just ask...

Please?

AGA

Look, you've made about 10 posts in less than an hour, calm down! If nobody's replied yet, it means there's nobody around at the moment. Just bide your time.

As for the game idea, somebody's made a game about slime already, so I dunno if you'll still wanna do that idea now...

StonedRock

Errrr... Yeah, sorry, got a little carried away there...

Which game used slime? Is it still available for download?

Screens will be available soon, so you can compare the two properly then.

;)

AGA

Pet Terry

If animations are like in your avatar then go ahead! I would like to see that kind of animations in a game!
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Trapezoid

I must say I think the title is really funny sounding. :)
Also, I originally read it as "Purple Fursuit"
Been hanging around SomethingAwful too much...

Ben

I think you should go ahead with the idea. It's pretty original (even after Sasha's game.. I think the slime thing is all the two ideas have in common), and if the animations are anything like your avatar I would definitely play your game just for the graphics. If the plot is good and the puzzles are logical within the context of the plot, then I'm sure it will be a good game.

evilspacefart

go for it. i'll play it, especially if the animations will be like your avatar. remember, making a game is for your enjoyment. if no one plays my game, i'll still be satisfied with the fact i completed it, although some outside interest in ones project is movitating.

Femme Stab Mode >:D

Quote from: StonedRock on Fri 13/06/2003 13:19:25

I don't want to give too much away, but most of the characters, including the main character, a pieces of radioactive nuclear slime.

Sorry mate I already made a game where the main character is a piece of slime.
http://www.agsforums.com/games.php?action=search&sterm=Sashasatan
There.
NANANANANANA ASSHOLE!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk