AGS = Advocating General Spam?

Started by Flippy_D, Sun 15/06/2003 17:51:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Flippy_D

Recently in my emails I've been getting the header:

Message-Id: <E19RaDY-00007y-00@host15.ipowerweb.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 09:18:56 -0700
X-AntiAbuse: This header was added to track abuse, please include it with any abuse report
X-AntiAbuse: Primary Hostname - host15.ipowerweb.com
X-AntiAbuse: Original Domain - aol.com
X-AntiAbuse: Originator/Caller UID/GID - [99 99] / [99 99]
X-AntiAbuse: Sender Address Domain - host15.ipowerweb.com

I doubt I can do anything about it, but it seems strange that after well over 5000 emails sent to me from the forums that it's suddenly changed... any ideas?

If not, you can settle for pointing and laughing at me for having to use AOL.

Pumaman

I don't understand the question?

There's no way that would be added to all your e-mails, you'd only get that header in mails from the AGS Mailing List or from the forum Reply Notification.

???

Flippy_D

Oooops, did I not include that. Ah. Sorry. Yes, it's from the forum reply notification emails.

Pumaman

Flippy_D

Well, I was just wondering if anyone knew something that I could do to counteract it... hence 'any ideas?'. But I'm not sure it's possible. Just... in case. It's sort of annoying to have to scroll a bit to get the URL now.

Pumaman

I really am totally confused by what you're saying.

That header has always been in all e-mails sent by this website. You cannot 'counteract' it, as it says, it is there to track abuse.

Flippy_D

...... always been there?

But....

It hasn't on mine, I never used to get that. Is it my ISP putting that header there or the forums themselves?

Pumaman

This webserver adds those headers to all automatically sent e-mails.

Pick a random mail from the forums from a month ago and check the headers - it has always been there.

Flippy_D

It's not there....

Subj: Topic reply: Re:What type of main character is the best?  
Date: 01/10/2002 22:23:14 GMT Daylight Time
To: GraalianHT@AOL.com
Sent from the Internet (Details)

A reply, has been posted to a topic you are watching.

View it at **

More replies may be posted, but you won't receive more email notifications until you read the replies

Regards,
The AGS Forums team.

Looks like this is a pretty pointless topic then, sorry. It's just strange to have it suddenly appear.

Pumaman

Ah, then it could well be that AOL were previously filtering out most of the headers, but now they've changed their policy? I dunno really, AOL are a law unto themselves.

But for most people, those headers have always been present.

Of course, as you never actually see the headers anyway unless you go looking for them, it shouldn't really matter :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk