JUNE MAGS - Donnie Darko: The Adventure Game

Started by Grundislav, Sun 15/06/2003 21:40:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Grundislav

Here it is, kiddies.  Be sure to read the readme if you haven't seen Donnie Darko.  If you haven't seen Donnie Darko, what the hell are you waiting for?

Download here

gonzalezj

Quality game. Donnie Darko has to be one of the best movies I've ever seen. Your backgrounds helped capture the mood of the movie.
Spoiler
I would have rather seen the puzzle order be in that of the Mall, The Movies and then the Letter, Kinda like the movie. I would have like to see you do a Frank the Bunny sprite though! Try to make him as creepy as he was in the movie.
[close]

Kick ass, a must-play if your a fan of the movie!  :)

Dave Gilbert

Hm, very creepy and atmospheric.  I never saw "Donnie Darko," despite Eric putting my face on his body in a recent Photoshop Phriday.  You've got me curious now.  I'll probably be checking it out soon.

Nostradamus

I also have never seen the movie but it's a nice game.

help:
Spoiler
how do I make the teacher un-ban the movies?
[close]

aussie

Spoiler
You gotta talk her into it. Just convince her that if she hasn't seen the movies she can't say anything. Then slip into the back room while everyone argues over your point.
[close]
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.

http://www.freewebs.com/aussiesoft/

LL Notorious B.I.G. Will C-H

you made a donnie darko game? you beauty! am downloading now, cant wait to play it.
now someone needs to make me a red dwarf game and my life will be complete

edit: its great. i need sleep now but will play more later
Punk Quest 0.5 is now available for your perusal if you so wish http://punkquest.to-j.com

eVOLVE

Just awesome... I love the film and the game captures the feel of it perfectly (not least due to the music)... nice one man!

Puzzles were good too.
James 'eVOLVE' Hamer-Morton

D · Y · D · O

Downloading it now, absolutely loved the movie.

Have you seen 'Harvey' with Jimmy Stewart? 'Donnie Darko' draws somewhat from this classic, yet there couldn't be two movies that are so different.
The only actual similarity is the imaginary 6 foot rabbit.

Harvey @ IMDB Top 250: #190

Donnie Darko @ IMDB Top 250: #88

I just noticed they both have a spot in the IMDB top 250 movies of ALL-TIME, which isn't saying everything, but definitely a lot!

Obvious conclusion: Adding a imaginary 6 foot rabbit to your movie is a surefire way of hitting the road to succes. Imagine what an army of such rabbits would accomplish. Dare I say it? Yes, I do. THE GREATEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME.

PS Loved all the movie poster references to other recent AGS games.
We are number one! All others are number two, or lower. - The Sphinx
Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever. - Shane Falco
Instagame (FREE resources for your games!)

Dave Gilbert

Haarrvveeey!

Great movie.

Jimmy Stewart is my hero.

EKM

Woop woop haha. I'm a fan of Donnie Darko the movie.
I just downloaded this, I'll play it and then tell you how it is.

Good to see a movie-based AGS game haha.

K, just came back from beating this game. Short but nice. I like the puzzles.

You should make more of these haha...I was just getting into it too. Good thing you used the Soundtrack music, it added that extra touch.

Matt Brown

downloaded, and enjoyed the 15 min of playtime I got from it. Not too shabey since you only had a month...makes me want to see teh film. nice work
word up

Squinky

Proffesional in apperance, gameplay and all that good stuff. This was one of those games that make me love ags games. Good job man.

I loved the way you did the backgrounds and characters, only character I thought looked odd was the mall guy, he had weird edges. But I still loved it, in fact I'd give this game an 8 to nine on the ags games page...

hey wait...
* Squinky goes to the ags games page...

remixor

I have to admit I thought Donnie Darko was rather dumb and contrived.  Not BAD I guess, but I didn't feel it deserved anywhere near the credit it gets.

I'm enjoying the game though! :)
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

MillsJROSS

It was entertaining, filled with a dark mood, yada yada yada, I love it!

-MillsJROSS

Timosity

Nice Game Grundislav, I haven't seen the movie either, but the game seemed interesting, I liked some of the bg's, where they actually pictures of real places in the movie, or just similar?

Great work

Helm

The movie is easily one the bestest movies I have evah saween so I'm downloading the game. I'll miss out on the sound though. Busted soundcard :(
WINTERKILL

Hobbes

Oooooh, the game was terrific!

And to think I just started a topic where I said I'd love Donnie Darko to be transformed into a game.

If you're ever looking for a partnership to create a much larger Darko-filled game, don't hesitate to contact me!

Hobbes

BTW I feel like an idiot... Grundi calls this game easy.

But I can't fix the last puzzle!

I have the twig, the pliers and the paperclip.

But what then!? :)

Gonchi

Hmm... can't download. Something abount an account being cancelled.
I'm here to kick butt and eat rice crackers, and I've got a lot of rice crackers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk