How to make an aerial battle

Started by steelhorse51033, Mon 16/06/2003 03:18:08

Previous topic - Next topic

steelhorse51033

I want to make a part in the game there are two planes in the air firing at eachother. You control one plane and make it fly with the arrow keys and can press a certain button to shoot a bullet or fireball. Also, it would be nice if the plane could use different buttons for different attacks (e.g. if you press "A", the plane will shoot a fireball. if you press "T" the plane will do a spinning attack. Is any of this possible at all in any way what so ever? If I cant do the aerial battle, can I at least make the plane fly around in the air using the arrow keys?
Help is greatly appreciated.

scotch

ooh, well, it's possible.  But it'd take a lot of scripting.  I'd advise you to make a game that doesn't have any arcadey type sequences at first, unless you're an experienced scripter in something similar.

steelhorse51033

Jon Hayes

It would be alot easier if you used a different program like game maker...sounds cheasy, but is real/free and is made to make those types of games

Quintaros

I think you could make the plane into the player character and just have the sky as a walkable area for the plane to walk(read: fly) over.  Maybe I'm completely out to lunch...but it was something I was planning myself as well.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk