i am having problems with backgrounds and craeting my own charecters,

Started by , Tue 17/06/2003 21:09:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddle

:'( PLS PLS PLS PLS WILL SOME ON HELP ME.

i only got ASG  a few days ago, and i love adventure games, and really want to creat a descent one of my own, that at least looks good.  I am using paint for backgrounds, ( i dont know what else to use)
And they look ok , but they are always really awkardly positioned, and ,when i test my game they are way to high, and you can't see the top of them or off to the left, and they are surounded by a white back ground, how do i get the back ground to cover the whole screen.

i also want to add my own characters, i'm geting pretty tired of that roger guy :@ (kidin, hes great really), i tried by drawiing a set of views and doing lots of little pictures, then adding them to my sprite thing, and making them into a view sequence. but he walked like a retard, and then like an irish dancer, how do i get my own characters, to look good, the right sie, and walking normal etc. etc. i guess i ned help in genaral.

Priority to the background thing, its always of to the left and stuff, im getting well pissed off, pls help :'(
i want good looking backgrounds that fill the whole screen.

M

That's wierd. The only thing I can think of is that when you make the backgrounds they are too small. When you make the backgrounds, you have to make sure that they are the same size as the resolution you've set for the game (i.e. 320 x 200, or 640 x 480). You can make them bigger if you want it to scroll. On paint just press ctrl-e to open the attributes menu and u can change the size there. I think. I dont really use paint. That work?

buddle

ARE YOU ARE A LEGEND MATE, SOS IM A BELL END, AND IM PRETTY NEW TO THE WHOLE AGS THING, BUT I STILL NEED HELP DRAWING GOOD CHARACTERS, AND MAKEING THEM MOVE LIKE NOREMAL SCANE HUMANS? ANY ONE, THAKS SO MUCH THOUGH FOR THE PAINT THING.

M

Is all that supposed to be in capitials? Anyway, try 2ma2's site for some animation tutorials. Theres a good walking one there.

Scummbuddy

M - thank you for being helpful

buddle - calm down and please read the forum rules.  You have broken 2 already in one thread.

don't yell! This goes for titles and messages. Please refrain from using ALL CAPS!1!11!!1 and unnecessary coloring or formatting. You will get your point across the same with plain old black text. :)

make sure that your post is for this board. If it's not related to the basic parts of AGS, check some of the other forums. Questions regarding art, drawing, techniques, should be done in the AGS Talk & Chit-Chat forum, Critics Lounge or even the General Discussion forum.

you are more than welcome to start a thread over in the ags talk and chit chat, or read some tutorials in the sticky threads over in the critics lounge and post there when you have something to show.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk