3 more questions about animations

Started by SLaMgRInDeR, Thu 19/06/2003 17:46:26

Previous topic - Next topic

SLaMgRInDeR

ok, i have a flic thats working, and  iv got it to play when i do something, but...
1)the backgroud is white, and i want it to be seethrough. i was hoping ags would tunr it tranceparent like with sprites, but it dosen't, so how do i make it tranceparent? (and dont just say "in photoshop", how?)
2)the animation plays, then the character moves to where i want him when it plays after its played, even though it says "MoveCharacter(DGO,88,221);
MoveCharacter(DGO,185,226);
PlayFlic(1,0);"
not
"PlayFlic(1,0);
MoveCharacter(DGO,88,221);
MoveCharacter(DGO,185,226);"
so what have i done wrong?
3) how do i get it so the animation plays when DGO is at 185, and then when it finnishes he is somewhere else, without seeing him move?
Thanx.
(   (   ( <( -_-)> )   )   )

Gilbert

1) You mean the flic's background should be transparent? No, it's not possible.

2)
MoveCharacterBlocking(DGO,88,221,0);
MoveCharacterBlocking(DGO,185,226,0);
PlayFlic(1,0);"

3)
MoveCharacterBlocking(DGO,88,221,0);
MoveCharacterBlocking(DGO,185,226,0);
PlayFlic(1,0);"
character[CHARID].x = desired-x-position
character[CHARID].y = desired-y-position

Note that the character[CHARID].x and character[CHARID].y should only be modified when the character had stopped moving, see the manual for more details.

SLaMgRInDeR

thanx, it almost works now, but it says "pars error in expr near "216"" (the x co-ordinate i typed in)
is this still to do with the "character[DGO].x and character[DGO].y should only be modified when the character had stopped moving"? as i already solved one problem about it.
(   (   ( <( -_-)> )   )   )

Scorpiorus

it should be:

character[DGO].x = 216;

-Cheers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk