???Resident Evil Style Game

Started by ResidentFunk86, Fri 20/06/2003 21:14:11

Previous topic - Next topic

ResidentFunk86

Hey all, I just wanted to know if you could make a Resident Evil style game with the AGS system. I need to know this so that I can plan out my first game. Anything on the subject would help.

Thanks

Proskrito

AGS works in 2D, so 3D characters like those in resident evil aren't possible, im afraid.

Scummbuddy

Games are made with 3d chars in 2d bg's by people in these forums.  Check out TerranRich's website for more info for starters.... so id say that it is possible, just not very normal around these parts.

http://www.harbinger-software.com/bts/
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Paranoia

i'm working on a silent hills clone, up to now in theory it will work, but to make it work it would take a lot of animations, a lot of 3D design, and sound effects, music, and a lot of attention to detail too so the player feel he is part of the game, i've suddenly got all the time in the world, a game like this would take a lot of time and could easily be a very big file size, putting people off downloading

Paranoia

TerranRich

Quote from: Scummbuddy on Fri 20/06/2003 23:10:02
Games are made with 3d chars in 2d bg's by people in these forums.  Check out TerranRich's website for more info for starters.... so id say that it is possible, just not very normal around these parts.

http://www.harbinger-software.com/bts/

;D ;D ;D

Thanks for teh plug! ;) Yep, it's all pre-rendered 3D characters, objects, and rooms, saved as BMP files, then imported into AGS. Looks almost the same. :)

NealToYourLeader

AGS only works in 2d mode so i dont really think its capible of doing that kind of
thing and if you ever make it then keep out the goar ;)                                                                                                                  

Scummbuddy

seeing as how resident evil makes nonmoving backgronds, just like normal 2d games that most of us are here to make, I dont see any big problem.

TerranRich-  No problem buddy.  ;D
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk