Problems With Game

Started by , Sat 21/06/2003 23:54:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake Style

I have been trying to make a game but I have the biggest problem just drawing a pic and putting it into the game.

I start a new game, blank template, and choose 640x480... I do SETUP game and change that to 640x400...

now im in photoshop making a backround and make it 640 by 480.. with 72resolution In RGB color. once im done I save it as a BMP but the game still won't let me use it as my backround.. WHY!?

Does anyone have AOL or AIM who can help me? My screen name is Quest4entity. THanks a ton!

Jon Hayes

I had some problems like that also for awhile.  You need to make sure you save it as a 256-colour bmp for the rooms sprites etc to work.

ThunderStorm

Actually, the amount of colors that can be used in a background does also depend on the palette that you are using, as some of the colors are reserved for sprites, which have to show up correctly in every background. So the amount of colors you can use in your game is 256 - 16(?) locked colors - amount of predefined palette colors.

If that is all too confusing for you right now, it migh be a good idea to create your first game in hi-color, at the risk of experiencing a little slow-down with 640x480 graphics.

Scummbuddy

One of the first things you do when anyone starts a new game, is choose what pallete you will be using for the game.

Check this out. http://www.agsforums.com/acintro.htm
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk