Inventory textbased ?

Started by , Tue 24/06/2003 12:47:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Cat142

Can I make the inventory textbased without graphics ?

or should I use a listbox for that ?

If anyone knows, does anyone have an example.

Scummbuddy

maybe make your inventory pics , just words and import those graphics into ags, and then fiddle with the inventory controls like sizing and how many per line, and see if you can get your scrollable text inventory that way.  

at least thats what i would try first.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Scorpiorus

Here is a template using ListBox feature: (TextInv v1.0)

There is a tiShowInventoryScreen() function opens text-based inventory GUI.

-Cheers

Cat142

Quote from: Scorpiorus on Tue 24/06/2003 17:34:00
Here is a template using ListBox feature: (TextInv v1.0)

There is a tiShowInventoryScreen() function opens text-based inventory GUI.

-Cheers

It is for the new AGS runtime but where can I download that ?
Is it somewhere in the forums then, because it is not in the download section...

Gilbert

V2.55 wont work?

V2.55 is the latest stable version, should be available in the official AGS homepage, unless the template was made with V2.56 beta 1 (if that is the case, scorp, maybe it's always a better idea to make this kind of things with the latest stable version, unless it relies on some features only present in a new beta version).

Scorpiorus

hmm, it's for the official 2.55.
Cat, it's a template. You have to place TextInv1.agt file into AGS main folder, than run the editor, start a new game and choose that template to proceed with.

-Cheers

Cat142

Quote from: Scorpiorus on Wed 25/06/2003 14:35:21
hmm, it's for the official 2.55.
Cat, it's a template. You have to place TextInv1.agt file into AGS main folder, than run the editor, start a new game and choose that template to proceed with.

-Cheers

Yeah, that's what I did as a template but when I selected it and tried to start a new game it said it was created with a newer version of AGS...

I downloaded it three days ago in the download section, and as I can see the name of that file is still 2.5.5

I will try again this evening..

Scorpiorus

I am not sure but the problem maybe that not all mirrors contain the same zips. :P

The lastest official AGS release is v2.55(build 2.55.359)!

What's yours one? What server did you download AGS from?

-Cheers

fratello Manu

Hi everyone!
is it possible to get somewhere this TextInv v1.0 template?

Bye!

Khris

This thread is over 17 years old. It even mentions the severely outdated AGS version right in the last post (v.255).
It's also a template, not a module; even if you wanted to fix all the outdated code, you couldn't even open this.

How to approach this depends on how exactly you want it to work. Is your game keyboard based? Is it like
- user presses tab key -> text-only inv appears
- user selects item using cursor keys
- user presses enter -> active item is selected / used?

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: manu_controvento on Wed 30/12/2020 16:25:36
Hi everyone!
is it possible to get somewhere this TextInv v1.0 template?

manu_controvento, please don't do this! When you search for existing threads, make sure to sort them to display recent threads first, because there's always a chance there were much newer related threads.
In the worst case, it's best to open a new thread rather than digging out a 10+ years old thread, because topics so old may mention outdated methods that either no longer work or have different modern alternatives.

For example, there was already a recent thread about text-based inventory, please check this in case it may be useful too:
https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=58555.0
IDK if related, another thread about keyboard controlled inventory:
https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=58454.0

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk