pro sprites, pro items,

Started by agswannabe, Tue 24/06/2003 21:30:29

Previous topic - Next topic

agswannabe

Hi,
i noticed that all the sprites i've made don't look professional. how do i make sprites of people like in broken sword. the same happens with my items.

Thanks
"after eating a man for breakfast you should brush your teeth"

-canibal

scotch

Heh, seems a funny thing to ask.. it's not like you'd ask a master painter how to make great paintings.. you might ask for tips and that's all I can offer (not that I'm a pro sprite artist ;) )..

Here's a few

1 you can't make good sprites like those if you can't draw so practice your general art skills
2 Practice again
3 Look at sprites you like, close up.. try to see techniques they've used
4 Don't expect to be as good as the best, or that you need to be.
5. People, like those in Broken sword are hard, you need to know what people look like and how to draw them, I can't know if there are any easy tips for that.  You can base your sprites off other ones you admire though I suppose.

loominous

Looking for a writer

Ali

Remember that a professional sprite needn't look like Broken Sword (as good as they are). Broken sword's characters are very realistic in an early-disney-hero kind of way.
Don't forget that Parker and Stone are professional animators who make a living out of South Park.
A good sprite is one which looks good and works well, not necessarily one which is drawn painstakingly carefully and smoothly animated (though that's nice too).

Look at Neole's figures. Sometimes they are very elegant and realistic and other times very cartoonish. It depends on what suits.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk