Background Blitz - 7th July to 20th July

Started by Rincewind, Mon 07/07/2003 18:10:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Rincewind

Whee, feels nice to host a Background Blitz for the first time.
Allright, the theme for this week is a novelty shop (Oh, you know, like the ones in MI2 or Discworld 2...) filled with bric-a-brac and curiosities. The odder, the better... ;D

Size: 600x480
Colours: Unlimited

OK, get cracking!  

BOYD1981

erm, doesn't OTG usually host these based on the suggestions?

Limey Lizard, Waste Wizard!
01101101011000010110010001100101001000000111100101101111011101010010000001101100011011110110111101101011

OneThinkingGal and ._.

Nope, its rotating now. :)

The only thing I do is lock the threads when its done. ._.

Nice choice of theme Rincewind. :)

Necro

Fantastic! I cant wait to draw this 1 !

Necro

Ok , I'll kick off this time , I was quite inspired by this one ... I'll applaude anyone who guesses correctly how many layers i used in this one!

Evil

AGS for dummies... In ten years they will have those... Well, I'm gonna guess 5 layers... Though it is probably 1...

BOYD1981

well, i've made simpler images than this with over 30 layers, so i'm gonna say 40 and get it totally wrong...
!!!SOMEBODY NEEDS TO MAKE ROGER DOLLS!!!

Limey Lizard, Waste Wizard!
01101101011000010110010001100101001000000111100101101111011101010010000001101100011011110110111101101011

Necro

Hmm 76..., but 3 of them arnt visible... but damn thats a lot. But for instance when I duplicated layers for the frankenstien windup toys I didnt bother merging them where as I did for the barrels or something, but still i thinks thats got to be my record , and its only for background blitz lol.

Oh and I had to include Murray cos he rules!

scotch

O_O I've never got past 7.. and that's while animating.

Evil

My max is like 27 for a science project...

Rincewind

Hehe, Necro - That background rocks! It even has Murray. Yay!
But what/who is that on the photo to the right?

Necro

erm it was going to be a rude piccy, but instead I changed it to somebody random, plus I blurred him too...

Its someone off tv... hmm thats all I'm sayin'

misterx

thats a great background :)

ohh and is the pic "spike" from buffy ?

looks like him anyway......

one little question...whats a layer???

Necro

Damn thought no-one would see that, That is one good observation I didnt think it looked at all like the original pic, yes its spike from buffy...  my Girlfriend is a big buffy fan.

Photoshop can use different layers to construct an image , kinda drawing on seperate pages that are overlayed, but it meand that for instance I could put murray on his own layer then move the layer and position him nicely on the shelf of my bookcase :)

[edit] whoa so many spelling mistakes

Scummbuddy

Oh man... I was going to say its either him or Chris Jones...  I wasnt going to say anything cause thats all I had to say.

And thats all I have to say.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Evil

Andail - Ringo
Cj - Spike From Buffy

One more to the list :)

OneThinkingGal and ._.

Minimi

I could try making one, but I'm definatley not going to win from this great picture! I would be making it in Bryce... well I guess... I am going to try making one tomorrow evening... I gotta go to bed now, had to work today, and tomorrow also all morniing and midday... and sunday... im away for the whole day... so not much time this weekend, but hell yeah! I'm going to make a picture  ;D

Dunezone

Im currently making mine, in the middle of it actually. Just takes some time.

Necro

Mine did take ages, its one of those backgrounds that has lots of fiddly bits in it, putting all the knick nacks in...
But I kinda couldnt stop once I started it took me all day to do.

Btw are you people saying that if CJ bleached his hair he would look like spike from buffy??

Ginny

Here is my ultra-crappy attemp :P.

Gah, only now I see how terrible it is :P.

The weird shapes are to give it a psychodelic feel. Well actually I culdn't get it straight so I went random. lol

Necro, how do you do that? That is just friggin awesome!
I need a tutor. Not a tutorial, a tutor. :P
Try Not to Breathe - coming sooner or later!

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

shitar

I know it's not a winner but....
MIRC: #ags #agsfun #hello #agsnude #agscake

Necro

Eggie

Yay! It's all flat and shitty!

Experimenting with ways to draw backgrounds. Just ignore me.

Minimi

ok here is mine... woooot... hehe.. handdrawn, so its rubbish.. but at least I'm joining! ;)

btw.. you can see a mouse, a cdrom, 2 mugs and a mini-toilet :P
and balloooooooooooons

Rincewind

QuoteNics + Nacs
Look with your eyes!
Not your hands!
Hehe, that's great, Eggie! Neat background.
But is it only me, or is the floor kind of... Um...
Tilted?

Dunezone

Lack of time kept myself from finishing this peice but ill post what I have.

aussie

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.

http://www.freewebs.com/aussiesoft/

Ginny

I love the map on the table Dunezone! And the mummy and the triangular things. :)

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

Necro

Damn he included alf to beat me! Nooo , fingers crossed I still win.

Mummy from dott , i forget his name.

Ginny

Well they were both great but I liked yours better Necro. Sorry Dunezone. The coloring in Necro's was what caught my eye especcially. But it's not voting yet (I keep forgetting if it's this or photoshop phriday where you don't vote. I think the latter.) :).

Evil

Almost... done... must continue... WORKING!... :P I should be done with mine soon...

Evil

Sorry bout teh dubbelele postist...

Well I broke a few rules but oh well, at least it is done. It is the ags forms store. See what you can find hidden in there... ;)

noed

I hope you don't mind a nubie throwing in her two cents.  It is a store that sells inventory items (but I guess you can get that from the sign  ;D ).

"Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I can't help but cry. I mean I'd love to be skinny like that but not with all those flies and death and stuff."
-Mariah Carey

Ginny

That's Hilarious noed!
Hehe, Inventories R Us. I like the keys, the all famous inventory item ;).
The anchor reminds me of Grim Fandango.. Ahh *nostalgia trip* :P.

You drawing gave me an idea hehe, you or someone could do a drawing with some inventory items from the thread of Invetory items that weren't used in games, I think it was in the AGS Chit-Chat forum. ;)

Rincewind

Well, there was more entries than I expected, but I suppose that it's time for voting - Right y'all?

I'm having a real hard time choosing between all these great entries, but in the end, it's between Necro, noed or evil. But I think my vote falls on evil... It has a good perspective and a bit of a CMI-style that I like very much.  

Nostradamus

Eggie

Quote from: Rincewind on Wed 16/07/2003 21:26:27
Hehe, that's great, Eggie! Neat background.
But is it only me, or is the floor kind of... Um...
Tilted?
Umm...The shops on a hill... :P

Congratulations Evil. I like the Lemon demon poster and the dolls.

Noed: You have no shovel!

Trapezoid

Evil

evilspacefart

i'm split between necro and the one with alf.
ok.. gotta go with necro... it's just so cool.

Nightfable

I like Evil's background, my vote goes to him.  8)

Necro

Heh this does have to be one of the closest i've seen :) Well evil voted for me , i think i'll vote for evil , I do like the bumpy straight lines in it I must admit... Im not sure if thats intentional or the result of a scanned in pic or what, but looks cool.

Evil

Rincewind

Well, if I've counted the votes right, you win, Evil - Five votes to you, and four for Necro. A real close call.
But a big thanks to all of you who participated - Great backgrounds, ya'll... ;D

Now come up with a good theme, so I can join in on the next one... Hehe...

Czar

Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

aussie

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.

http://www.freewebs.com/aussiesoft/

undergroundling

It was 4-4 and aussie's vote pushes over the win to necro.

SSH

Is that a C.leks doll in the top shelf, evil?

cool  8)

Trapezoid

If so, is that a Helm doll next to it?

Rincewind

Was it 4-4? Well, you know - me and math... Heh. ;D
"Hey stoopid"...

SLaMgRInDeR

is it too late for me to vote Dunezone?
(   (   ( <( -_-)> )   )   )

noed

If we are throwing in late votes, me and 6 of my friends with the same name would like to vote minimi for creating a beautiful representation of our happy place.
"Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I can't help but cry. I mean I'd love to be skinny like that but not with all those flies and death and stuff."
-Mariah Carey

SLaMgRInDeR

lol thats two of your posts in a row that made me laugh. and if that wasnt a joke, im not going to post in the same thread as you again..  ;)

noed

I guess I know how to get rid of you now ;D
-Mariah Carey

SLaMgRInDeR

oop- Ah, interesting.

Evil

Yep C leks and helm dolls... Though Helms thinks his is an "action figure"  :P

Necro

Have I won , Who's Won?

* Necro faints in confusion

veryweirdguy

Shall I cast the deciding vote (unless someone else sweeps in at the last minute...)?

I vote for.......

(God, the suspense is killing me..)

EVIL!

Mikko

How about next time set a deadline for votes. It's starts to frustrate that new competition still hasn't taken place, even almost a week has gone from this.

Oh and my vote goes to....
...just kidding.

noed

Quote from: undergroundling on Wed 23/07/2003 16:32:01
It was 4-4 and aussie's vote pushes over the win to necro.

After this there was one vote for Dunezone, 7 votes for Minimi (can't blame a girl for trying), and now veryweirdguy has tied it up again...If somebody doesn't do something about this we will all be staring at these backgrounds forever!  I guess time doesn't pass OUTSIDE of the games either. :)
-Mariah Carey

Rincewind

Well, I never really thought as far as setting a deadline for voting... Heh.
The deadline for submitting was all that I remembered...
Let's say that today is the last chance for casting your vote, and then we'll pass it on to whoever wins? What do you think?

noed

Well you know my opinion...we should all get 7 votes ;D
-Mariah Carey

Rincewind

Oh, shite... Now there's a tie again. Drat.
But since the score before the tie was in favor of Necro, I'd say he is the winner. Right?

OTG, time to lock?

Femme Stab Mode >:D

I vote for Necro cause his has the roger doll. :D
NANANANANANA ASSHOLE!

Czar

but then i vote for evil ;) j/k, i think the voting is over...
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

Necro

Ok wikid one! \o/ I shall set a new bg blitz tommorow once i think of something cunning and devious

TerranRich

Please do! I want to try my hand at this and put you all to shame!!

HAH!

Evil

STARTITH ONE NOWS!!1 I nEeD tO wOrK oN mY 1773 sKiLlS!!1

OneThinkingGal and ._.

Way to go Necro!

Quote from: Mikko on Fri 25/07/2003 10:10:11
How about next time set a deadline for votes. It's starts to frustrate that new competition still hasn't taken place, even almost a week has gone from this.

Oh and my vote goes to....
...just kidding.

Yes, its kinda hard to coordinate. Let's start the votes on Saturday morning and voting ends Saturday midnight. Next comp starts Sunday morning. Any discussion on this can go in the next thread, since I'm now locking this one.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk