A couple of quick questions

Started by ocgunslinger, Tue 08/07/2003 17:05:40

Previous topic - Next topic

ocgunslinger

Hey, just finished making a sample game using the FAQ.  It was pretty simple, however I couldn't figure out how in the world to change your main character's graphic.  I imported an idle stance (haven't made all the poses yet) and I couldn't find whatever allows me to change the graphic.  Thanks in advance.

Also, I didn't find out what the "Text Parser" was in any FAQ.

All help would be appreciated.

scotch

The character graphics are done with Views, import your sprites into the sprite manager and then set them up as sequences of frames in the View editor.  Then on the character editor change the character's views to the right numbers.

I don't know much about using the text parser, if you're asking what it is, it's so you control the game using text commands entered into a text box like 'take key' and 'put key in lock'.  Not many games use it.

ocgunslinger

Thanks, I just figured out how to do and was coming to edit this post.  Anyway, so the Text Praser is like the old Leisure Suit Larry/King's Quest games where you type commands instead of point-and-click?

scotch

Yeah that's right, there's a demo room with a text parser in demo quest.  But it is designed so people can use old style text interfaces like those yeah.

ocgunslinger

Sweet deal.  Those games ruled.  Except Kings Quest 2...I hated that game.  Haha.

Anyway, I have another quick question.  Is there a template for walking animations?  Thanks.

Scummbuddy

http://www.sylpher.com/kafka/tutorials.htm

scroll  down a couple on that page, and you will see what you are looking for, and these are not the droids you are looking for.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

ocgunslinger

Ah, thanks a whole load.  I'll be busy tomorrow.  Heh.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk