Sprite Jam 10th July -- 17th July

Started by Gilbert, Thu 10/07/2003 08:49:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilbert

Ok, this week:

AGS Sea Monster

What does that mean? Basically it means that you think of a sea monster which is AGS related, how it's related to AGS is not important, as long as it composes of feature(s) recognizable by AGSers that it's in some sense relevant to AGS. For example you can draw a giant squid carrying a blue cup, or a fish with Larry Vales' head, or a crab with m0ds' face on its back, etc. So it can be anything as long as 1. it's related to AGS (no matter to AGS community, the AGS engine, AGS games, etc.) and that you can convince yourself that it's a sea monster.

Here comes the specs:
Size: Not more than 100x100 pixels
(note that means it's horizontal res. need to be <=100 and same goes to the vertical res. I don't want to limit it to exact size because that's not that important anyway, as when your sprites are smaller than the size, you can always add empty space to it already, so you don't need to do this this time.)
Colour: Unlimited
(As different people like to use different tools for their artwork, I don't want to limit the number of colours now, as previous experience told me that even if you limit the colour depth, someone can just draw a say photorealistic sprite in true colour and dither it into lower colour depth anyway, which made the colour limit pointless, so just use as many colours as you want.)

Pesty

ACHTUNG FRANZ: Enjoy it with copper wine!

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. - Douglas Adams

BOYD1981

Limey Lizard, Waste Wizard!
01101101011000010110010001100101001000000111100101101111011101010010000001101100011011110110111101101011

Gilbert

Ghormak

Not really a sea monster... it's just Roger... being a monster... in the sea.

Achtung Franz! The comic

Vel

Why do you all draw roger so ugly? Im not saying that he's very beautiful, but baldy with black eyes and mouth....

n3tgraph

* N3TGraph airguitars!

Vel

Flippy_D

Dunezone

Color Compression kinda got to it but you get the idea.

Minimi

Ok, here is my cup-a-sea monster! First you'll see the 100x100 version and under that you'll see a 400x400 version, to give you more detail ;) I hope you like it!

Minimi

oh crap... I just found out, I copied someone elses idea... well, ill see if I can make another picture   :-\

Sylpher

Not a monster you say? See the Black dot on the beach? That is an 8 bedroom beachhouse with a 3 car garage...Yeah!

(Rodekill, Don't hurt me.)

Synthetique

Minimi

Gilbert

Since there're no written rule about it, so it doesn't matter, I don't even care if it's just the shrinked version of a large picture, given that the pic is recognizable and clear when it's at the size restricted by the rule. So it's up to how the rules are written, which don't need to be the same every time.

Nostradamus

Vel, the Roger they are talking about is Roger from the official AGS demo by Chris Jones which comes with the program, NOT Roger Wilco.

Gilbert

That is our Roger Wilco. ;) I think people are just jealous of the talent Pumaman has.

Vel

Aint tthat the same person, nostradamus?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk