Need help with choosing the right domain name...

Started by TerranRich, Thu 24/07/2003 16:04:42

Previous topic - Next topic

TerranRich

My web site, www.harbinger-software.com, will expire in mid-August. I've been doing some thinking, and I've always wanted to put a lot of different things on the web, for example a Star Trek informational site called Memory Alpha, a gaming site, etc. I want to make "Harbinger Software" into "Harbinger Entertainment" and make it the gaming division of my "main company." Then, my other sites would be subdomains of this bigger company.

At first I wanted TerranSoft (suggested by RobertEric). I would have had something like memoryalpha.terransoft.com, harbinger.terransoft.com, bts.terransoft.com, etc. for each of my sites. However, TerranSoft is taken (as .com and .net addresses), as well as TerraSoft (without the N).

So now I'm stumped. I need a good name for this bigger, more general "company". Something short, like Terra[n]Soft, and something general...in other words, nothing specific. I've been mulling over a name for quite some time now, and I can't seem to think of anything. Does anyone here have any suggestions or ideas? :)

Barcik

Currently Working On: Monkey Island 1.5

TerranRich

I was thinking about that, too. It reminds me of when I was a kid and made believe I owned a company called RichWare. I even made a logo and everything. Let's see... MemoryAlpha.TerranWare.com ... Harbinger.TerranWare.com ... BtS.TerranWare.com ...

Hmm, sounds all right. Any other suggestions/ideas?

EDIT

Uh oh...seems as though TerranWare.com is taken. TerranWare.net however is available.

Also, it doesn't have to have "Terran" in the title. Any non-specific neat-sounding company name. :P

Robert Eric

Ã, Ã, 

SSH

TerranRich

Too much Terran! :p

Something hip, something cool...like...Random.

Hmm, RandomZero.net is available... :P

SSH

Adventurtainment
Recreageous
Xtrematic
Random Odyssey
Quantum Interaction
Dynamic Narrative

RickJ

How about ..

harbinger.com, .net, .tk, .us, .biz, .org, ..  

harbi
terra
tera
narrat

You can but tk domains to get rid of the popup as you probably already know.

Evil

Femme Stab Mode >:D

terranevil
terrapervert
trs.com (terranrich software :p)
bts.com

Maybe keep it short and simple so one day you can sell it for BIG money.
NANANANANANA ASSHOLE!

TerranRich

I've thought it over, and I think I found the best one...

www.randomZERO.net

This way, I can have my sub-sites at ___.randomzero.net. randomZERO can be my "main" company name, with Harbinger Software as its subsidiary, basically the gaming and software division of randomZERO.

Harbinger Software, a randomZERO company

randomZERO presents... / A game from Harbinger Entertainment...

:-D

Thanks for all your help, guys. Eventually it was a conversation on IRC that helped. :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk