AGS for Xbox

Started by Theratt, Thu 24/07/2003 17:13:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Las Naranjas

I think it'd be interesting to see how a different demographic (that is, xbox hombrew peeps) react. If we're trying to prevent stagnation and death, finding new ares might have merit. I think we're shooting down a suggestion rather hastily.

---edit---
If a ported runtime engine is made, it even opens up the prospect for adventures designed with the xbox contoller in mind, which opens up new possibilities. That's help shift from the stagnation the likes of Mostly bemoan.
"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

Scummbuddy

Alright, so stop complaining about not being able to play them on your XBox or whatever.

Just get this console when it comes out semi-soon.  It can play PC games as well as more, so check it out.

http://www.phantom.net/intro.html

;D
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Theratt

Thank you Las Naranjas. I'm glad to see there is at least one other person that thinks it might be a good idea.

Sylpher, I do have TV out on my computer... and I use it.

OneThinkingGal and ._.

Yes, the exact thing we need right now is an influx of newbies who have never  really played adventure games! Bring it on!

Las Naranjas

There's a bit of enertia from much of the community.
So don't get too intimidated.

And hey, if it's true that they haven't "really played adventures" they might lack the prejudices that caurse us to replicate the same games over and over.
"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

auhsor

Heh, the first adventure game i played was maniac mansion on the commodore 64, and that was cool...

Gilbert

I think it may be possible to port AGS to teh crap box and may give options too, but that's not really important IMO. I think it's more feasible to have a NES/Famicom port of AGS!

Seriously though, real native linux port (including editor, etc) and mac port can be cool also, but since I don't have these systems it's none of my concern. :p

Scummbuddy

Did anyone actually go to the link I posted?
Its what you all want for a console and our games connected, just not XBox, but the next console on the market.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Gilbert

Nope, as I'm not interested in new consoles anyway, the newest console I ever own is just the PC Engine.

Scummbuddy

Well, I didn't mean you   ;)   just those that really wanted to play thier games on a console.  ;D
-Hoagie from DOTT

Snake

I always thought it would be cool if AGS had it's own handheld where you can download your games onto it and play them on the go ;) Like if you're waiting to board an airplane or if you're a student in study hall (with no work to do first of course ;) ). It would have a little joystick which would be the mouse, and a mini keyboard built in. CJ, get to work buddy ;)

Scummy: That site is taking forever to load for some reason...it's still all white!

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk