Sprite Jam: July 26 - August 3

Started by Ben, Sat 26/07/2003 03:49:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben

- Draw someone with an unsightly physical deformity. Like too many arms, too few arms, and arm where a leg should be, or maybe a badly ingrown toenail.. Just use your imagination.
- 6 colors
- Size: 96 x 128
- Animation: Not mandatory, but it would be nice to see some..

agsking

I think I'm entering this time, sounds fun.

Femme Stab Mode >:D

Ya wanna disfigurement? I'll give ya a disfigurement!

Mr.Foot-for-nose-three-nipple-wrench-for-arm-chainsaw-u-bend-leg-babana-boy -in-bikinis!
NANANANANANA ASSHOLE!

Flippy_D

Ick. m0ds, stop spreading your seed!

Czar

just a question, how do you make backrgounds transparent?
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

BOYD1981

much in the same way you make a colour transparent in a sprite in AGS, you pick the transparent colour but i think you can only do that in an animation proggy, there's bound to some way of doing it in a paint app, but i've only ever seen animated images with transparent bits...

Limey Lizard, Waste Wizard!
01101101011000010110010001100101001000000111100101101111011101010010000001101100011011110110111101101011

AGA

In PSP, the image needs to be 256 colour depth, choose 'image' menu, 'pallette', 'choose image transparency'. Well, this is true of version 8, at least.

makri

PSP's "Export - Gif Optimizer" lets you choose transparent colour. Same goes for Png, and you can have alpha transparency too, but the browser support isnt as good.
Thud. Thud. Thud. Splat.

evenwolf

Gee wow, I haven't participated in sprite jam in so long.. seems since the days of its founding... but I just couldn't pass up this *snicker* original *snicker* concept.

"I drink a thousand shipwrecks.'"

veryweirdguy

I'm just so gosh-darned kind/competitive:

This woman has three physical deformaties. See if you can collect them all!

She also has 5 mental deformaties and one emotional, but we won't go into that at the moment...

Ben

Quote from: EvenWolf on Tue 29/07/2003 12:08:37
but I just couldn't pass up this *snicker* original *snicker* concept.

Has this already been done, Even? I admit, it's not the most original sprite jam, but I figure if you use your imagination you can do quite a lot with it..

evenwolf

Hehe, I'm not going to say anything because I want someone else to catch it.

Ben

Shit. I ripped off one of the irc sprite jams, didn't I.. I thought I recognized that goat.

I can only say one thing in my defense:

Whoops.

evenwolf

No, I like it- I'm interested to see how creative folks get.  I think I even assigned the disifgured thing in IRC - but I just wanted to see if I could get away with a remake of my goat impaled man.

Evil

What? Its been done before!?! :P

Dunezone

Someone had to do it. It had a white background but then i realised that, that would be a 7th color.

evenwolf

that's usually allowed... a sort of imagined transparency.  And seriously, I'd be concerned about anyone nitpicky enough to count.

n3tgraph

* N3TGraph airguitars!

Ben

I guess I'll choose Evil. He made good use of the color limit, drew a good looking sprite, and was one of the most creative/perverse. Evenwolf and Dunezone did some good sprites too, but since only one person can host the next sprite jam, Evil gets the grand prize..

veryweirdguy

Damn. And I would've gotten away with it it it weren't for that meddeling Evil...

Also, I found Evenwolf's original sprite on Eric's Site:

Evil

YAY! Dont let anyone ever tell you you cant win by copying :)... I'll think of one and post in a bit...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk