Occupation

Started by Robert Eric, Sun 27/07/2003 03:40:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert Eric

The best way to prove to people you aren't lazy is to get a job.  Although you still are lazy, people respect that you got off your ass and did something.  Fools.  If they saw what I was doing now...

What I'd like, is for everybody to post what they do for a living.  Whether it is a part-time, or full-time job, I'd like to know.  If you want, you can tell how you came to get that job (it's more interesting that way, I feel).  

I'm not going to follow tradition and start off with my job, just so you know.  Now get your lazy asses into gear. :P ;)
Ã, Ã, 

evenwolf

Ah man, Robert plans to floor us all.  I think I'll go after him
"I drink a thousand shipwrecks.'"

rodekill

I'm a graphic designer?
Why?
For some reason I got the idea it would be a creative and rewarding field.
Nevertheless, it's better than doing warehouse and delivery work, which is what I was doing before. I took a look around and saw all the 40 year old people doing the same job as me (at 19) and decided that changes had to be made.
SHAWNO NEWS FLASH: Rodekill.com, not updated because I suck at animation. Long story.
peepee

Evil

Caterer, although I am in the process of applying for a job at Chuck E. Cheese's...

Sluggo

Well, I'm technically a professional pianist (that's cool to say!), since I get paid for it regularly. I live about 100 ft away from a church and they lost their pianist for the choir, which coincidentally was my old piano teacher, who lived about 100 ft away in the other direction. She moved because she was old and wanted to be closer to family. So the church needed a new pianist; I guess they didn't have one for a long time after that. The pastor called me and asked if I'd do it and I said yeah (hey, money for something that I do anyway, cool). It's (obviously) only once a week but I get paid enough to buy stuff, so it works out good. Woo.

undergroundling

I'm a high school senior.

Also, I work in a small, independently-owned grocery store.  I work as a cashier and in the office as a supervisor.  I make 7.25 an hour.  I've recieve a $0.25 raise since I started working over one year ago.

I need a new job.

Sylpher

I work at Bank of America in the card services department as Data retrieval. I go through microfilm and various electronic software and print out copies of whatever people request...If you have an account with Bank of America and wanted a copy of your application or an old Statement or a check you wrote or whatever...I am one of the nice people who got it for you.

I got the job through a Temp agency that sends you to various positions in companies and if they like you they offer you a job. I am still technically employed by the temp agency but I have been at the bank for 7 months now which most places get rid of you within a day or two if they don't like you so I guess it is a good sign.

I get paid 9.50 per hour. I have my own cubical which is decerated with 100's of post-it notes with little sketches I have made and a bunch of old Chinese food containers to give it some lazy class.

I get up at 5:30 am and it is a half hour drive to work. At 6:00 am it is usually 95+ Degrees (F) in Phoenix and only gets hotter through-out the day. If I could explain anything else I would but I am all out..

Femme Stab Mode >:D

I don't work because I'm in high school. One thing I wish I could be is a pimp, the money would be good and I think it would be cool to wear odd hats and necklaces all day and have people staring and whispering "holly shit that's a pimp! and a female one!" but I don't want to engage in any criminal activity
* Sasha  bribes policemen and polititians
. I'm getting an aprentiership in motor mechanics soon and I will be paid as a trainee. That's about it.
NANANANANANA ASSHOLE!

Las Naranjas

Female pimps are madams. They have a longer and prouder history than male pimps.
"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

Paranoia

I’m an auto electrician, well technically! I went self employed and after a year I lost everything including my mind, so for the last 10 years I’ve tried 2 come backs, but it didn’t work out, so now I’m a house husband, and fix PC’s for friends, I very much doubt I will ever go back to my job, technology has left me way behind, plus I’m just not interested, a lot of people let me down.
I never wanted the job lol, I turned the chance of the apprenticeship down, I wanted to be a truck mechanic, but my dad found out and picked me up from my last day at school and dragged me to the interview, the protests that I didn’t want to twist bits of wire together for the rest of my life went unheard! I got the job and started work the following Monday, the guy I worked for was a complete bastard, I got sacked every day for 2 years, it was a relief when he finally did it, 7 years later I worked for Lucas services UK running the electrical workshop, the biggest mistake was thinking I could go it alone, but being a good sparky doesn’t mean you’ll be a business man too :-\

Paranoia

juncmodule

Two weeks ago I started trucking school.

I've been going to college and bouncing from one crap job to another. My debt was beginning to overwhelm me. I knew I needed something solid. Driving a rig can pay anywhere from $600 to $1000 a week in the first year. Basically that's enough money to pay off all of my debts in about two to three years, or possibly even less. I intend on going over-the-road, which means I will be out for about 17 days, home for 3 to 6.

Right now I have to get past the actual school. Driving a truck is downright intimidating. The things are HUGE and extremely powerful (about 500HP+). Moving that trailer around really sucks because it always goes the opposite direction that you expect it to, it's not like driving a straight truck.

The cool thing is the good companies supply you with a tractor (truck) which you take home. It has a sleeper in it with LOTS of space. I intend on getting satellite internet and a nice laptop so I can continue working on my games while I'm on the road. Then all I need is a mini fridge and a DVD/TV combo and I won't ever need to come home ;D.

later,
-junc

Punch

I work as a 'contractor'. I get $16 an hour whenever the company has anything going, which is usually every holidays. Which is sweet.

One day I will finish my software engineering degree. And then I will make games. Or be a 1337 Haxx0r. Both would be cool.

- Punch

danny*

..not working at the moment... 8) ....but i will soon..again!!! :-\

Squinky

I pour concrete with my old man, have been doing that since I was like 12. for my real job I work in a jail...for like 2 1/2 years now...

Never really intended to work there either. It's about the only decent job in the area, and it pays good...

Some days, it kinda gets to you, the whole "jail" thing, but any job gets old after a while.

Jimi

I own a brothel. Its not much, but its a start...

*Jimi gets out of his new swimming pool

MrColossal

well let's see, i just graduated from college with a degree in cartooning..................

yep unemployed
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

MachineElf

I steal, sell drugs and works a little in the callboy buisiness.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Pumaman

I'm an importer/exporter.

DragonRose

As of today, I work full time in an small, family owned health food store as a dishwasher.  As of tomorrow, I work part time in a small, family owned health food store as a dishwasher.  Stupid General Manager making everyone lose hours.  I hate my General Manager.  Because of his lazyness, (a.k.a. refusal to give my Supervisor a piece of paper) I'm stuck at getting $7.00 an hour, and I've worked here for TWO YEARS!!!

* Dragonrose rends things.

Oh well. Only 15 more work days before I move and never have to go back there again!
Sssshhhh!!! No sex please, we're British!!- Pumaman

Matt Goble

I'm a Production Manager for a DVD Studio, although I graduated with a degree in Design & Art Direction, and have been known to do a bit of freelance web design.

I have the pleasure of commuting into London everyday on our sorry excuse for a public transport system which costs me £120 / month!

Matt

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk