Occupation

Started by Robert Eric, Sun 27/07/2003 03:40:49

Previous topic - Next topic

jason

I am a software developer for a medical company  8), but I'm also finishing up my last year (or year and a half) of university.

My goal is to get into the games industry, and eventually start up my own game company. I learned how to make games by myself, and have made lots of 2D games (5 or 6 only heh). I am planning to learn 3D game programming once I get some free time (if ever).

Femme Stab Mode >:D

Oh, Jackie Chan jeans are men's jeans and I was hoping to get a pair of nice asshuggers...  :(
NANANANANANA ASSHOLE!

Ginny

jason, sounds like we have a very similar goal hehe.
Though I'm only in 8th grade (:o is there anyone younger here? :P), my ambition is to make games, that is programming (since my art sucks bigtime) and later on, either in my own comapny or in an already existing one, actually designing the game and all.
Someday when I'm making games I'll post here and sometimes give out little vague hints, and I'll do an exclusive interview for Adventure Gamers, muhahahahahaha!!!!!  :D ;D

Anyway, I was hoping to maybe design websites for people from time to time for pay, of course, not many people (in Israel especcially) want to have a website, except for major companies which are out of my league cause I don't know that much really, just HTML and a little bit of Javascript.
Anyway I'm in no rush hehe, I'm only 143. :)

edit: What an interesting typo ;). I meant 14 of course :P.
Try Not to Breathe - coming sooner or later!

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

Captain Mostly

I'm not going to set up a computer games company. It's not even an option really. I'm just gonna' make games and look at making a little bit of money from them in different ways. I mean, there's definatly a market for independant games direct from the makers (kind of at a local scale perhaps).

Did anyone see "Armour of God" (or however it's spelled)? That was the BEST Jackie Chan Movie EVER. I NEED those shades to go with my new jeans...

Trapezoid

Heh, I rented Armouoour of God recently on Netflix. It was pretty good... I gotta see more 80s Jackie Chan movies. Personally, though, I like Shanghai Noon/Knights the best...

Barcik

Quote from: GinnyW on Thu 31/07/2003 05:36:34
jason, sounds like we have a very similar goal hehe.
Though I'm only in 8th grade (:o is there anyone younger here? :P), my ambition is to make games, that is programming (since my art sucks bigtime) and later on, either in my own comapny or in an already existing one, actually designing the game and all.
Someday when I'm making games I'll post here and sometimes give out little vague hints, and I'll do an exclusive interview for Adventure Gamers, muhahahahahaha!!!!!  :D ;D

I'd very much like that to happen too, but it seems unrealistic as I will have to leave Israel for that and I will only be out of the army at about 28, according to my plans. Beh!

Let's create our own Israeli company!
Currently Working On: Monkey Island 1.5

Captain Mostly

But seriously, how am I going to be able to get these Jackie Chan Jeans before my house mates?

Dave Gilbert

Quote from: Captain Mostly on Thu 31/07/2003 21:17:18
But seriously, how am I going to be able to get these Jackie Chan Jeans before my house mates?

I don't know if you're american or not, but as far as I know they're not going ot be sold outside of the US (at least initially).  So if you're not american, the way to get them before anyone else is to come here!      ;D

Robert Eric

This is the occupation thread, so until that word applies to me, I won't be posting.

"I'm going to burn the building down." - Milton, Officespace and SNL fame.
Ã, Ã, 

Raggit

I'm a professional photographer for Victoria's Secret.

Okay not really, I lied.

I don't have a job. I'm a little young yet.
--- BARACK OBAMA '08 ---
www.barackobama.com

Esseb

Capt. Mostly: I saw it, it was great. Have you seen the sequel, Operation Condor? The best description of it is Jackie Chan is Indiana Jones. Nazi gold and all. Purr.

Oh, profession. None/student. Pick the synonym you prefer.

evenwolf

Robert, is it just your leg keeping you from the outside world?  Have you looked into any of those "WORK FROM HOME AWESOMENESS!" career plans?  You could make some money filming your neighbors and selling the voyeur footage online perhaps? Just some guy mowing, an old woman knitting, a teenage kid washing a car.  People pay fortunes for that kind of stuff.

My time is spent thusly:

A) Student at University of Texas. Earning some major that in the end will not matter.  Financial aid means I get paid to go to class.

B) Special Effects in film/ TV.  Making some money creating various illusions such as smoke, wind, rain, pryotechnics, stunts, etc.  Foam parties and event confetti/ fireworks are our other specialties.

"I drink a thousand shipwrecks.'"

Matt Brown

my various jobs are as folllows

a) computer subcontract worker for granville school district. this is my main job. I go in a few days a week during the summer, and fix computer for my school. at least thats what they tell me Im doing. I mostly just lift stuff. Oh well, since its grant money, I get paid very well

b) On the side, I umpire little league baseball. This job terrifies me. If kids get mad, they try to chuck 60mph baseballs at me, and if the parents get mad....woe be unto me

c) Im also a high school junior. while this takes up most of my time, sadly, I do not get paid for it
word up

SSH

I design, integrate and verify embedded microprocessor system intellectual property.

Or, in short... I design microchips. Please refrain from making french fries jokes. My company works on contracts for other companies, so my chips have been inside TVs, DVDs, Digital Cameras, Home Networking stuff, BlueTooth, etc.

Necro

I am a proffesional Web Developer, I used to work for a really cool company called Domino Systems until they had a little *tax* problem and I got made redundant. Bah evil fools.

I am now between jobs, but do a lot of freelance work for companies like blackwells publishing and the like. So I also do webpage design aswell and in the coming month even have been asked for some consultancy work, so the future looks good aswell.

I want to know what Mr innocent punaman imports/exports...

plasticman

i started a temporary job today. in the pharmaceutical industry.

basically, i'm gonna spend this whole week checking thousands of packings, looking for broken bottles and other defects. i'll also be in charge of conditionning machines.
it's a dream come true.

oh, but i get to wear a big white overall, that's really cool. i'm not sure i'll be able to repress my excitement.

surely the university won't be half as fun as this.

Robert Eric

I was fired.  My leg is partly the problem, but another employee and his idea of me was the main reason why.

(Funny how the amount I get for unemployment is more than most of the people on my street make at their jobs.)
Ã, Ã, 

Captain Mostly

I stand corrected. Operation Condor is the greatest Chan film ever. I love the sequece with the bizar fan (that I can't even begin to remember why it was there really).

YAY!

cornjob

There was a time when all Jackie Chan wore was denim... jeans, jacket, shirt, everything, all the time. Denim.

Bionic Bill

I recommend Jackie Chan's Who Am I? It's pretty average Jackie Chan except for this extended rooftop fight scene near the end that has knocked my socks off several times. I'm going to have to go find it now, it's been a few years.

And to sort of keep this post on topic, I am mostly a student majoring in writing. I do web design in order to eat, and I might be doing some VHS to DVD transfer next year. Not particularly exciting. I do hope to make video games one day, but that could very well change. Especially since I have yet to produce a complete game. I could end up in film, or maybe graphic novels. Or plain old writing. Or something entirely different. Moo.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk