man, am i an idiot!

Started by agswannabe, Mon 28/07/2003 14:21:11

Previous topic - Next topic

agswannabe

man, am i an idiot! i forgot how to install windows xp pro on a pc without an operating system  :P... HELP
"after eating a man for breakfast you should brush your teeth"

-canibal

PeaceMan

Put the cd in the drive and reset your pc.

Paranoia

Quote from: agswannabe on Mon 28/07/2003 14:21:11
man, am i an idiot! i forgot how to install windows xp pro on a pc without an operating system  :P... HELP

make sure its set to boot up on the CD first

agswannabe

-canibal

Czar

you go in the BIOS and set it there, you usually enter with del or some other key..
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

agswannabe

ok, i'm in the bios but what do i do now...

-canibal

Czar

you look where there is boot from... and you choose cd... or smthn in that style...
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

Timosity

Quote from: agswannabe on Mon 28/07/2003 15:35:53
ok, i'm in the bios but what do i do now...

some bios's are different but you need to find the part that has something like "boot sequence", and change it so cdrom is 1st, the default is usually Floppy, then HD

I hope that helps, it's not too hard to figure out

Czar

actually on the newere pcs, i think the default is cd, but what should i know...
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

agswannabe

ok, it's installing and now it says my partition is not compatible with xp  pro and i have only 8 mb of unpartitioned space!

-canibal

Czar

wait, how is your disk formatted, i think it should be, or at least make it NTFS. But you have 2 partitions or what?
And if you have the possibility, try to visit #ags, and you'll have more direct help, if you want, or if they can give you..
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

agswannabe

ok, done installing. but now i have another problem , i don't have a speaker yet and thought icould use my headset for a while, but now it says i don't have any audio devices. How can i fix this without repeating the install process?

-canibal

Czar

I think you could add new hardware? I'm not sure
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

PeaceMan

You don't have to reinstall windows each time you add a component. It will automatically be detected when you turn it on, so all you need to do will be install the drivers.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk