Minimalist bedroom

Started by Denzil Quixode, Mon 28/07/2003 18:38:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Denzil Quixode

I don't have any specific plans for this yet...

Any feedback appreciated :)

Jimi

wow. awesome. But you can't see the top of the thing going around the door.

Archangel (aka SoupDragon)

Good work! You need to do something with the ceiling tho; the flat grey doesn't fit with the rest of the textured look.

Denzil Quixode

Thanks for the compliments... I know about the ceiling, I still haven't decided what I want to put up there yet. I'm not sure what you mean about the door though Jimi

Here's a less minimalist version, I put in some computer stuff:

Here also are some characters I drew:

MrColossal

hey denzil, i love your games by the way, can i have your autograph?

but as far as this image goes i love it so far

the walls are mottled and the carpet is quite nice and i just love the blanket, though it feels a little thick like it's foam rubber or something

the desk and computer could use some more work i think perspective wise and colour wise, the chair is real nice but the computer is pretty washed out

the same with the door frame, i think that's what jimi means, on my monitor the door frame really disappears into the wall

otherwise i love the texture and colour choices

woop woop

eric
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Svetac

I really love the shading of the door, walls and bed. The computer desk needs more working, and more detail on the walls like pics, watch, posters, would really add to the bg.

Neole

Love all the artwork! The first room gave me a nostalgic feel, sort of like an old world locked room. The new version spoiled that, but then i suppose the game is set in the current world.

SLaMgRInDeR

wow!! :o its perfect, only one thing is wrong, the computer is a little, very thin, take a look at the computer you replying on, then take a look at the one in your pic, but apart from that, like i said, perfect! oh and then theres the cieling of course...

"the walls are mottled and the carpet is quite nice and i just love the blanket, though it feels a little thick like it's foam rubber or something"

i just think it makes it look feather, like my last blanket...
(   (   ( <( -_-)> )   )   )

evenwolf

Dude, good call on the computer, slamgrinder.  But now I'm calling you off your mission. No longer stalk and survey Denzil. Your cover has been blown, way to go.
"I drink a thousand shipwrecks.'"

n3tgraph

great picture

but the perspective of the bed is wrong :)

keep it up
* N3TGraph airguitars!

Evil

Textures are amazing! Really nice work! The characters fit great!

evenwolf

net, elaborate on how the bed is wrong.  To me, it appears the bed is positioned at an angle to the wall. Thats not perspective, thats feng shui.
"I drink a thousand shipwrecks.'"

Denzil Quixode

Thanks very much for the feedback. Various things about the lighting, relative scale, angle of the bed etc. are starting to annoy me (I've been looking at it too long :P) so I decided to put it on the back burner for a bit and have a go at doing a walk cycle for one of the characters:

Synthetique

cool.. but i like eyes. they could give the character some character.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk