Teh spo0ky storeee!11!

Started by Adamski, Tue 05/08/2003 19:59:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Adamski

Well now, in my daily rummaging through the internet and other off-topic forums here and there, I came across a link to this ace webpage.
It's a very well written story that is set up in a blair witch-ish style, which makes excellent bed time reading. Teh creepy!

* Derek Stockley gets back to reading Lovecraft.

Edit: here's one of the many mirrors of the site: http://jrlweb.com/tmp/cavestory/index.htm :)

evenwolf

gee, I'll post later. This is taking forever to read.  I won't hurt you or anything, but this story better have a great punchline!
"I drink a thousand shipwrecks.'"

Enos Shenk

Uhmmmm....I thought one of the general rules for cavers was not to destroy the natural features.

evenwolf

I read the whole thing.. and.. it was really well written.  My heart was pumping many times, my mind racing. It played with the senses and I enjoyed it.   I drew alot of my own cave crawling experience and the fears I had of getting stuck, and total darkness.  I kind of miss spellunking after this story. Oddly.
"I drink a thousand shipwrecks.'"

Nellie

The scariest bit for me was the description of the super-tight space, and seeing his head and shoulders sticking out of it.  Yeek!  I'm not claustrophobic, but...  *shudder*.

The rest of it was good too, though.

Spoiler
If I believed any of the scary bits were real I would be absolutely crapping myself right now.  Good stuff.
[close]

Sluggo

I was really interested in this story, until the end that is. But I guess that's why I didn't like The Blair Witch Project either.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk