Anger

Started by Femme Stab Mode >:D, Thu 07/08/2003 11:46:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Ginny

Lol dragon!
Iqu, have you heard of Taoism? I don't know what Buddhism consits of exactly, but Taoism is what helps me not to flip out and throw my shoes at the wall when the PC crashes (which it does oh so very often).

I absolutely agree, anger doesn't help at all, but it's a natural human emotion as CJ said.

Also, when I'm angry is practically the only time I play action games, because it lets out the anger when I shoot that monster (though I much prefer physical combat, i.e. punching etc. I enjoyed the Matrix because o this (a friend got it for free when he connected to a certain internet company).
Meditation is good too, as is laughter. Reading or watching or hearing something funny is releiving, and not just for anger, for tension too. (I remember it was mentioned in a different thread, though I don't remember quite which).

Anger management sounds ok, but I don't think mking you angry would really help you to deal with anger. Esspeccially if you bottle it up.
Try Not to Breathe - coming sooner or later!

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

Dmitri

Buddhism is about the key to releasing suffering.

It teaches about the impermanece of life, that everything is meaningless and anger is fruitless.
Pretzels :B

Femme Stab Mode >:D

Meditation IS the key to calmness. I remember I used to meditate during the cadet annual exersise and I was calmer than ever. Dunno why I stopped though.
NANANANANANA ASSHOLE!

Nacho

Anger is a natural emotion... and all that stuff has been carefully produced by millions of years of evolution for some reason.

Like the fear, that emotions could seem useful in our nowadays life style, but they work. Imagine a person who does not feel fear. He would be exposed to constant dangers because of his lack of fear. He would cross the road without looking to the sides, he would swimm in brave waters without care... he would finally die.

Imagine a preson without anger. This is not Peter Pan´s world... people would reallise it, and would take benefit of that person´s disavantage. He would loose his place in all the queues because he would kindly offer his place to the other people, he would wait days and days till the tecnician came to fix his air conditioning, which could kill him in that hot summer of the north hemisphere. He wouldn´t be able to fight!

And fighting is many times necessary. I don´t know if you know who is Lance Armstrong. He is a cyclist, the person who I admire most.

He suffered a cancer. He had 10 tumours in his lungs and 2 in his brain. His possibilities to survive were expected in 3%. He defeated the didease. And he has won 5 Tour of France (at the moment) focusing his anger in an only aim, being the best in the world.

He has won the Tour this year after falling of the bike in the last climb of the race, when the second in the general classment was very close to him, at 15 seconds, leading the stage. 10 kms after he won the stage with 55 seconds of advantage.

I want to focus the anger so good as he does.

Natural emotions are bad if taken to their highest expressions. Phobias are bad. Rage is bad. Fear and anger are good.

IMO...
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk