Creation vs. Evolution. Part Duex

Started by Scummbuddy, Fri 08/08/2003 23:06:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Scummbuddy

I know what you may be thinking (olbies especially), this topic has been done to death.  But by using the search function on these forums, no previous topic/thread comes up from the one that I've seen before.  This could be due to the fact that Chris purged the forums some time ago in an attempt to increase the speed of the forums.  Now, I do know that there are some out there that would like to hear from your mind and your experience, so please, no yelling at this idea, but either post a redirection link to an old one, either on ezboards, or on these forums so that it may be read over again, and if, and only if, some intelligent matter may be added, will it be brought up again.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Archangel (aka SoupDragon)

Creation vs evolution arguments have been done to death all over the internet. The sad thing is, nobody is ever willing to change their minds about the subject, leading to all kinds of flame wars, and other things. Which is why I would prefer to see this topic locked as soon as possible.

scotch

Yes, please lock it :'(
I can't take another one.

Scummbuddy

I'll reiterate, I don't want another, nor does the people I've talked to.  We would like the link to the other one(s)... I know there was at least one on these forums over a year ago... If Chris has deleted it beyond recovery, so be it.  If he has in on file/disk, thats different.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Trapezoid

THE BIBLE SAYS TO BELIEVE IN EVOLUTION!

(I like saying that, it screws with people on both sides)

Adamski

Hehe, ok, this topic will remain open until people start posting opinions. Fair deal?

Andail

Let there be a discussion when somebody actually has something to say about it, preferably something new.

Let's at least not try our darnest to start these neverending debates again. There are plenty of nice philosophical issues to argue about.

WanderLady

Creation.

Two questions to begin:

Who/what is the source of evolution?

Who is the source of creation?

Czar

So this type of topics are about what was first, WAS, thatis? Evolution or Creation
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

Sluggo

What? I don't think the intent of this thread is to discuss the subject, but post links to previous threads.

shitar

YOU STOLE MY TOPIC YOU SON OF A BiTCH(serbian word for whip)!
MIRC: #ags #agsfun #hello #agsnude #agscake

Femme Stab Mode >:D

EVOLUTION
for me because there is ample evidence of it everywhere.Fossils, the way people changed over the years (we are now much taller than afew centuries ago)Also,there is evidence that life began in water. If not for water's special properties, eg. ice is lighter than water and is an amazing heat insulator so if the molecules of water were symmetrical there would probably be no life. Volcanos may have also played a part in the first life forming as they produce many gasses that are present in live organisms, organic gasses (organic refers to the substance structure, not it's origin) eg. methane, carbon dioxide, hydrogen etc etc. That's what I believe to be the source of the first life. Through natural selection came about all the other weird and wonderful creatures that are around today.  That's my opinion.  And I'm spent. I've gotta stop listening so hard at physics and chemistry.
NANANANANANA ASSHOLE!

TheYak

I've never entered one of these debates for the above-mentioned reasons.  However, here's something I've thought about a bit and will throw out there for the hell of it.

To Christians in general.  The bible says that to God a day is as a thousand years and a thousand years as a day.  It's obviously not being precise but demonstrating that time has different meanings to God.  The bible itself has several instances where it mentions a day and means a period of time and where it mentions an hour and refers to a year.  Therefore, who is to say that evolution doesn't exist and that God didn't create it?  Perhaps when the bible mentions that X was created on the first "day" it actually means in the first 1M years.  Maybe by the time man came into the picture (6th day, yes? I'm fuzzy on this, it's been awhile since I picked up the bible) it actually meant in the 6-billionth year or something to that effect?

Evidence of evolution is all around us.  Because evolution is considered a dirty word to some people of religious persuasions, I will remind you that evolution is merely a term for adaptation over long periods of time.  If you don't believe that people and animals adapt over time then you've obviously only seen people with similar facial features and skin color to yourselves.  Our fossil records prove it, common sense verifies it AND it can be accepted without conflicting with matters of faith.  Now the Big Bang theory, that's another discussion (but can also be adapted to fit many religions).  

Feel free to blatantly ignore my intrusion or flame me at will.  Keep in mind that I'm not invested enough in this theory to do the research and much of what I said was a generalization meant to get a point across.  If you would like to bash my theory of Creative Adaptation without taking the above into consideration, proceed at your own risk (risk of exposing yourself for a fool, that is).  If you have intelligent refutation, I'm all ears.

Adamski

Whoops, there you go Femme. You've spoilt it for everyone.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk