Strange....

Started by Femme Stab Mode >:D, Sat 09/08/2003 07:47:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Femme Stab Mode >:D

As children everybody has dreams about what they want to  become in the future. At a point I wanted to be a biologist, a genetisist and a psychologist and I only remember those. Now I want to be a chopper pilot. today my father asked me - do you remember when you were 7 you wanted to make computer games?   :o I didn't remember at first but then it struck me. Yes, it was one of my ambitions and I realised it without even knowing it.Thanks AGS! Feels great, now I have two childhood dreams acomplished - I've seen the ocean and made a computer game. Now I only have to learn the proper ninjitsu and write a book and I will be complete.Oh, and I have to become an evil villiain and live in a big dark castle  too.  ;D
NANANANANANA ASSHOLE!

Nacho

Femme "I-post-that-all-happens-in-my-mind" Fatale.  ;D

It´s been a pleasure to help you.

-Chris Jones.
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

oh shut up. I was just tryong to get a discussion going. i want to know what everybody here wanted to be. >:(
NANANANANANA ASSHOLE!

Nacho

Oh! Ok... I wanted to be a fireman.

P.S. And please, respect my stupiditai! When I want people to tell me what they wanted to be when they were children, I post: What did you want to be when you were children?

I´m sure that that "Strange" topic makes fairly clear for all the AGSers that you´re talking about the desires you had during your infance, but I´m too dumb for noticing that.

Please, Sorry me, Shasa... Or Femme... Or Redcup... Or... Whatever.
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

Sluggo

I wanted to be an Archaeologist, Egyptologist, Anthropologist, and/or expert on African religion. All the subjects still interest me, but I doubt I'll actually accomplish anything in those fields.

BOYD1981

when i was a kid i wanted to be older, now that i'm older i want to be a kid again...

Limey Lizard, Waste Wizard!
01101101011000010110010001100101001000000111100101101111011101010010000001101100011011110110111101101011

Ginny

Lol, BOYD.

Well, being still a kid I can say what I want to be: I want to program, and games more specifically but just be a programmer. I think I've almost always wanted this.
Except than there was a time long ago I wanted to be an Anthropologist. Hehe, because I was interested in Dinosaurs. I still am, but I don't think I'll be an anthropoligs hehe.
Every now and then when watching National Geographic, I feel a longing to be a bilogist, because I really love animals. Being a vet was excluded since I wouldn't be able to take it when a dog or cat or other pet died. Not to mention being a doctor of anything isn't really my thing.
My friend wants to be a doctor though. Another friend wants to an accountant, and another could be a model but I don't think she wants to.
The one who wants to be a doctor had an actual dream once (that is, in her sleep) where all of us meet together in a sort of reunion thing, and she's a doctor, another is a lawyer, one a model and I'm an executive running a company which distributes Harry Potter books :P. I was a big HP fan then. I still am, but not in the same way, I don't reread all the books all the time anymore :D.

Anyway running my own adventure makin company in which I design and also program is my dream now. I better decide soon though, if I want to consider being a biologist, hehe...

God topic, I like talking about these things. ;)
Try Not to Breathe - coming sooner or later!

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

Barcik

I am quite like GinnyW. I from a young age wanted to become a programmer, and I still do. It it probably due to the fact that both of my parents are programmers.

Ginny, we really should open up and Israeli company, right after the army.  :D
Currently Working On: Monkey Island 1.5

Jimi

I used to just want to make things. Anything. I used to get cardboard boxes, and cut them up, sellotape them together to make buildings and stuff. I think I tried to make one too realistic and it fel apart. But since I just like making things, it's great using ags.

Archangel (aka SoupDragon)

Hmm, let's see... in the order they occured to me I think I've wanted to be:

A military pilot
A surgeon or doctor
A programmer
A composer

And that's where I am at the moment. It seems my aspirations have got less and less glamourous as my life has gone on  :-X although I only just realised that as I was writing them down.

Al_Ninio

Well, I have also always wanted to be a games programmer.
But another thing that I have always, always, ALWAYS wanted is to be either a comic artist or professional animator.

Whoa.
I want to be too many things...

Andail

Archeologist, between the age of 5-9 or so

Dunno why, I've never been interested in history or antropology or similar, I just fancied the idea of digging up things that have been burried for a long time

From that age, I haven't had any new ideas regarding my future profession.

OMG.
I wanted to be an archeologist for a few years. I had a friend with the same hobby. We would make models out of wire for hours. He was a wimp. >:|
NANANANANANA ASSHOLE!

Trapezoid

I remember that when I was young I wanted to be a comedian. I guess I've managed it, although not in a stand-up way, because now I'm practicing several different forms of art, and quite commonly for comedic purposes.
I never thought I'd be a musician when I was younger, though. I started making music for my games several years ago, and I was proud of what I did, but didn't consider it ever being part of my career. Now songwriting is probably my most developed talent... But I'm still not sure whether I'd want to make a career out of it.

rookworm3

Composer less glamourous than Programmer? Surely you kid.
I have wanted to be a composer since age 12. Although from ages 16-19 I wanted to be a mathematician. Now I don't know anymore.

Archangel (aka SoupDragon)

Depends on what type of composer, and what type of programmer ^_^

Ben

I wanted to be an archaeologist too. I think kids just like digging in the dirt.

I also wanted to make computer games. And star in a sitcom. And be a comedian. And a rock star (Not a real one. more like Uncle Jesse on Full House). And a cartoonist. And a baseball player. And a hotel manager. In fact, I had a plan that I'd somehow do all of these things at the exact same time. I've had to rethink a few things since then..

EDIT: I wanted to be an inventor too. Fuzz reminded me.. Er, I mean will remind me. I had an idea that I'd build cars, but since I didn't know how cars worked I decided that they'd be powered by the driver's feet (like Fred Flinstone's car), and since I didn't know where metal came from I thought the whole thing should be made of wood.

Fuzzpilz

I'm trying to be a composer and a programmer. Both are "glamorous", as far as that word applies, and in much the same way.

As for childhood ambitions apart from these, I used to want to become an "inventor" (you know, the kind who builds time machines and so on) for quite a while, as well as a palaeontologist (which, as every child knows, means "somebody who discovers DINOSAURS!") or possibly an astronaut of some sort. The usual nonsense, pretty much.

Minimi

Ok, when i was about 7 years i wanted to be evangelist, as a christian, though when i was 11 years, i wanted to be a lawyer, and from my 12th year untill now, im 16 now... I want to be a teacher for children between 9 and 12 years... and im going to start studying for that next month ;) So teacher HERE! ;)

Ghormak

Quote(which, as every child knows, means "somebody who discovers DINOSAURS!")

Haha, I was so obsessed with dinosaurs as a kid. I used to draw them all the time, I knew everything about them and I knew how to spell Archaeopteryx and Pteranodon at the age of five. All I wanted to do was to become a "scientist", which I thought was the word for "somebody who discovers dinosaurs".

Now, I don't know. My computer science studies begin in less than a month, and then we'll see...
Achtung Franz! The comic

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk