Awesome site ...

Started by Darth Mandarb, Sun 10/08/2003 00:27:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Mandarb

This is a super cool site.  I think this fellow is pretty talented.

The Site:
ArkWorld ASCII Art

My favorite:
The Hunchback of Notre Dame

cheers,
dm

plastic

please, please stop making stupid threads.

Darth Mandarb

Stop responding to my threads if you think they're stupid.

cheers,
dm

Dmitri

indeed the site does rock

very novel

http://www.agsforums.com/yabb/index.php?board=4;action=display;threadid=7494;start=0

scummbuddy linked it before in pessi's art thread too (see last post on page)

I think it's done with a program mind you, no-one's that good with ascii

I also saw the Starwars movie done entirely in ascii too, that was sweet
Pretzels :B

Squinky

Stop responding with this whole "Don't respond if you don't like my post thing" Man. Thats ridiculous...You were pulling that with evenwolf and it just irritates the hell out of me...

It dosen't change the fact that it was a dumb post...

-Thanks
Squinky Mcdougal

Darth Mandarb

I saw that Star Wars one too!  It was pretty sweet.  My brother also had one of the Matrix which was freekin' sweet.  I'll see about getting the link and I'll post it in here.

squinky - don't respond either.  It's simple logic.

cheers,
dm

Dmitri

Why are we all picking on Darth Mandarb again?

Squinky

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Sun 10/08/2003 01:13:31
squinky - don't respond either.  It's simple logic.

Simple logic is that your an ass.

evenwolf

Here's the right way to approach this Squinky:

Mandarb- when an AGSer posts a thread, that AGSer is offering that thread to the community.  He does not "own" it or have any governmental control over who posts there.  If you think otherwise, I think you'll find fewer people to agree with you than who do with Squinky and I.

Therefore squinky's words are welcome and whoever else, regardless of your topic.  

As for the artwork: yup pretty neato.
"I drink a thousand shipwrecks.'"

Darth Mandarb

Dimitri - I can't seem to find that Matrix link.  I'll keep looking.   That's cool that Scummbuddy linked to the same site, I hadn't seen that yet!

QuoteSimple logic is that your an ass.
I'm an ass? Why?  Because you post something off topic and deragatory?  That makes me an ass?

Here's some more logic.  Just because you might think it's a stupid thread doesn't mean everybody else will.

Your responses (squinky and plastic) were, in my opinion, completely useless and unnecessary.

There was all that fuss in that other thread recently about posting useless shit and getting off topic.  Apparently it didn't do any good ... just like I said it wouldn't.

And I made no claim of ownership.  Nobody should 'assume' that I did.

cheers,
dm

Ginny

I don't really see why this is a dumb thread. This is General disscussion after all, and he wanted to share this site with us. Am I missing something?

Anyway, the site is great, I agree, the hunchback of Notre Dame is one of the best. I also liked the sword in the stone very much.
I would have liked to see some from Beaty and the Beast..

Yeah, this is probably made with a program, though you never know. You gotta be either very bored or very determined to do this manually.

This site makes me wanna rewatch the old disney movies... :)

edit: Scummbudy linked to the Calvin and Hobbes one, which is superb too.
Try Not to Breathe - coming sooner or later!

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

evenwolf

I like disney movies too. This guys art is neato.

"I drink a thousand shipwrecks.'"

DGMacphee

You're all asses!!!

And I'm a tugboat, call me Mel!!!
ABRACADABRA YOUR SPELLS ARE OKAY

DGMacphee Designs - http://www.sylpher.com/DGMacphee/
AGS Awards - http://www.sylpher.com/AGSAwards/

Instagame - http://www.sylpher.com/ig/
"Ah, look! I've just shat a rainbow." - Yakspit

Squinky

No. Your an ass for more reasons than that.
It's kind of a bunch of cumulative factors really. Just your general attitude bothers me to tell the truth, and your irratating way of saying what you think is right as if it is beyond dispute.

Forgive us all for ever saying a word that you don't agree with. We are just simple beings compared to you.

I think Dmitri said it pretty much when he asked if we were picking on you again. Typically one dosen't get singled out for no reason, and why would I, unprovoked just pop in and say something unless it really needed said?

What I'm saying is that you are probably the one person worthy of the treatment yufster got.

-and if you don't like that, don't respond. Simple logic dude.

taryuu

jesus christ, remind me never to share any nifty ascii sites i stumble across.

except for this one

http://www.users.totalise.co.uk/~wardog/

and dg i think i'm the only one who got the obscure superfreak reference.
I like having low self-esteem.  It makes me feel special.

taryuu?

Darth Mandarb

taryuu:
Thanks for the link!  It kind of takes some of the magic away from those images thinking they were done with a proggy but they're still darn cool.

GinnyW:
I would like to be bored and determined enough to accomplish something like that  ;D

Squinky:
I always state that what I'm saying is 'my opinion'.
I'm not going to apologize for having confidence in what I say/believe.
You've contributed 3 posts that have nothing to do with the topic.
"It dosen't change the fact that it was a dumb post..."  Was that just your opinion?  Or a statement that's 'beyond dispute'?
"and if you don't like that, don't respond. Simple logic dude."  Good!  You agree with me on this subject.  Perhaps you should heed the advice ... or contribute something on-topic.

cheers,
dm

Dmitri

Hitler was da bomb

Massacre the jewish

Whites are better

Women belong in the kitchen

everyone should follow my exact orders for I am God

and if you don't like it, don't respond, it's simple logic.

Pumaman

Quote from: plastic on Sun 10/08/2003 00:39:41
please, please stop making stupid threads.

What's with all this hostility lately? People often start threads to bring a cool website to our attention, and nobody usually complains. Is it just the hot weather making everybody rather tetchy and irritable?

TheDude

General Discussion:
Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

Femme Stab Mode >:D

Geez, me just wanted to share a great site he found with you and just because someone else did it before him there is no need to go psycho.  
NANANANANANA ASSHOLE!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk