NOT BEING MADE - Boba Fett's Bounty

Started by Darth Mandarb, Mon 11/08/2003 06:31:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Mandarb

STAR WARS - Boba Fett's BountyA GAME THAT IS NOT IN PRODUCTION
This game is not in production.
It was cancelled about 9 months ago and isn't being worked on.

Joseph DiPerla

The graphics look good. My only thing is that Boba Fett looks like something that belongs in an RPG rather than an adventure game. But none the less it looks cool!

Are still planning on making Rebel Spy? That game looked interesting.

But the game looks good, I am downloading it now, after I will give you a review.

Joey
Joseph DiPerla--- http://www.adventurestockpile.com
Play my Star Wars MMORPG: http://sw-bfs.com
See my Fiverr page for translation and other services: https://www.fiverr.com/josephdiperla
Google Plus Adventure Community: https://plus.google.com/communities/116504865864458899575

Darth Mandarb

I want the characters to look RPGish ... so I think I succeeded :)  Do you not like the look?

I'm still planning on making Rebel Spy.

I did what I think a lot of n00bs do when they get AGS.  They immediately, with (good) enthusiasm, shout to the world "I'm making a new game!  It's going to be awesome!!"  But I just wasn't ready to do it then.

I want to do some test games.  Smaller.  So I can learn the program better and get the art style I want before I start a full-length game.

thanks for your input!

dm

Joseph DiPerla

Yeah, the RPGish look is fine if thats what you prefer.

I downloaded the Game, and it looks great! Backgrounds and sprites are both excellent. Did you make them yourself?

As for a few suggestions, maybe you can make the savegame save only one slot. So where it says, Save Game, the code for it could be : SaveGameSlot(1, "Save 1"); And to restore it, RestoreGameSlot(1);

Also I noticed you have your own Quit Dialog, but when you hit CTRL-Q you get the default Quit GUI. I just wanted to point this out in case you werent aware of it.

But looks really good. And after seeing this demo, I look forward to the Full Game and Rebel Spy.

You really got talent it looks like.

Joey
Joseph DiPerla--- http://www.adventurestockpile.com
Play my Star Wars MMORPG: http://sw-bfs.com
See my Fiverr page for translation and other services: https://www.fiverr.com/josephdiperla
Google Plus Adventure Community: https://plus.google.com/communities/116504865864458899575

Ginny

Great work Darth! hehe
I like the interface :). You could mke the rooms in the demo a scrolling room, but since you've already done it this way, it doesn't matter.
There are only 2 rooms in the current demo right? :)

Anyway, I noticed you have responeses for everything, which is great!
Did you just create interactions for every thing, or did you use the unhandled_event function? it seems like the former, so just as a suggestion, the unhandled_event would shorten your scripting time a lot I think. :)

I love the custom textbox! :)
Try Not to Breathe - coming sooner or later!

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

Darth Mandarb

Thanks guys!

GinnyW - as far as the interactions ... well I'm still learning.  I'll look into the unhandled_event function.

I thought about making the room scrolling, but decided against it.  No real reason really :)

JD - I actually didn't realize that about CTRL-Q ... I'll fix that before the next demo version!

Thanks for your input!

cheers,
dm

undergroundling

The graphics look fantastic.  My only gripe is that the character looks a little small against the background and thus a little out of place.  I really like the RPG-ish looks of the characters, however.  It's a great touch.

If you are looking for anyone to help you with story, puzzles, or music for this or Rebel Spy (or anything else for that matter), let me know!  I'm currently project-less for a while, and I'd love to work on a game in the Star Wars universe.

So anyways, keep up the awesome work, and I'm definitely looking forward to a finished game from you in the future!

Rincewind

Yeah, this looks really good - I'm downloading the demo right now, so I'll get back to you with some comments... :)

And I also recognize myself in not being ready to make a game... That's why I've put JTR on ice(And because I seriously screwed up the script and a lot of other stuff... Me stupid.) and started to make some smaller games to learn some more scripting before I start doing my serious project... Heh.

Ginny

I really love the RPGish sprites here.

I reccomend using the unhandled_event and using a random number so that a different message appears each time :).

Can't wait for more of this game!

P.s. check your PM's.

edit: woot! 300th post and I didn't even notice. :P
Try Not to Breathe - coming sooner or later!

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

Timosity

Very neat Darth, characters and bg's look great, i like the transparent door thingy, looks cool.

Definately worth continuing.

Look forward to more of your work

~Tim

Darth Mandarb

Still not in production ...

Scummbuddy

The ship looks great, but it doesn't look 3d like your room with perspective in which the ship sits.... it almost looks flat, but the shading on it rocks... you can get away with it, but I might bring down some of the ships pieces to make it look thick.  Now that I look at it again, maybe its just the angle that we are looking at it from.  Thats the problem. Do you see it now?
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Darth Mandarb

Scummbuddy - I definately see what you mean ... what I was thinking of doing was 1 of 4 things:

1) Change the 45º angle perspective to better suit the angle of the ship.
2) Change the angle of the ship to better fit the 45º perspective.            
3) I could bring out the cannon and the wing in perspective.
- or -
4) Not worry about it  8)

That took me a long time to draw so I definately don't want to mess it up.  But I also want to get it right!

Thanks for the tip!

dm

Scummbuddy

Yeah, just say he landed weird.... well I do agree that a lot of time must have been spent on that, it looks so good. Perhaps later when you feel refreshed to redo it, then go ahead, but for now, its great, but it could be better with that 45 degree turn to the ship... but of course, its up to you.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Darth Mandarb

Guess what?

I'm NOT making this game!

Scummbuddy

perhaps if you made some of the metal plates along the top (to the right of the glass) curve around a little, it might be enough.

good job on creating the perspective from what you had
-Hoagie from DOTT

Darth Mandarb

See above for changes.

Should I move this into the Critics Lounge?  Or is it okay in here?

dm

jason

This game looks awesome man! I'm going to download the demo tonight after work.

I'm actually pissed that I saw all the characters you've created so far in the Critics' Lounge... I would of much rather have been suprised seeing them in-game, but I guess my curiosity got the best of me.

Anyways, can't wait to play the game. And, I hope this turns into a series of games.. hell, you've got a ton of characters ready to use!

WanderLady

DM,
I tried to help out.

ravenfusion

It looks great! I love the gfx, the rooms are done very well! Good look with this! :)

Migs

This signature intentionally left blank.

Darth Mandarb

That's TWO Star Wars games this Darth Mandarb BUM has started and not finished!

FIRE HIM!!

Actually, this game is the one that turned into JP & Cosmo oddly enough.

Sinister

The game looks great, however i wouldnt worry too much on the perspective, after all not things in these type of games are in perspective, starting with the characters, who are just 4 flat sides... so we dont have to be perfect, personaly i think evrything is great. Dont worry about making lucasart perfection.. (hell even they screw up!).. my first impresion was that the ship is one the same angle as the character...

p.s

Gasp!!.. Its Ravenfusion!!.. hey man whats up!!!!!!.. check out my game dude. (sorry to plug my game but i hadnt seen this dude in a while! and i had to tell him).

LordHart

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Tue 20/04/2004 23:21:04Actually, this game is the one that turned into JP & Cosmo oddly enough.

Does that mean, Boba Fett is the reason the Earth is gone! :o

OMG! Sinister... is here?! I must hide...
*Lord Hart hides...* ;D

Sinister

What i think looking harder at the screenshots, is that there is too much detail on the ship.. contrast the rest of the space station..

not that thats a bad thing.

p.s

AHHH!!.. Its Lord Hart!!.. i wasnt so sure it was.. him.
but AHH!!

Darth Mandarb

This was the final image ...

But this game is no longer being made ... so unless Slave I makes an appearance in Rebel Spy (way down the road when I get around to working on it) you'll never see this in a game ...

Can moderators RE-bury threads??

Mats Berglinn

WHAT?!  :o

Are you going to put down this game? Is that a joke? Tell me you're joking!

Darth Mandarb

Boba Fett's Bounty has been cancelled.  It was never intended to be a game in the first place ... just sort of happened.

Rebel Spy is still in the works however.  I haven't abandoned that one.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk