Some sort of conclusion perhaps

Started by Andail, Mon 11/08/2003 10:51:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Andail

* Andail swallows his pride

Allright, I'd like to do my fair share to improve the situation for this forum, which I have loved and care for during the last couple of years.
I hope you can read all this post without drowning in the bitter-sweetness...

So, to start anew; sorry those I offended by my last rash act of wrath, it was unnecessary and didn't really accomplish anything. Singling out a person like that is awkward. I should have known better, being a teacher student and all.

Furthermore, I'll be giving this whole thing a long break; it's gone to my head, like a parent who's failed in raising his child or something.

While I'm away, I hope people will try to remember the good things I did  - alright, that sounded pretty pompous, but I mean it. I think I did some good things back in the days, and I rather have that written on my virtual tombstone than my recent period of angst.

To my friends, although many of my closest friends are taking breaks just like I'm about to do; I'll see you around. You're welcome to stay in my flat in Gbg anytime :)

PS:
I'm not doing a Y-EE! I will return in not so long time, and I will finish my game as well.
See you all.

n3tgraph

* N3TGraph airguitars!

Nacho

I was walking home thinking on how to post this, and now I see Andail is taking a break, it´s a real pitty, mate.

My intention was to say that with that "Sorry me" thread by Squiky and with Darth´s quick reply the thinks were close to be ok again. The thruth is that I felt the necessity to say something about the latest events, but I hate to admitt that I was not brave enough.

Because I consider Petter my friend, but Darth has been extremely polite with me, helping me with ideas, demanding help to me in private for his sprites, like if I was the best artist in this community, that made me feel very confortable with him. If he has been unpolite with sb, I haven´t noticed it.

But I was not capable to say Andail that in my oppinion, he was wrong.

After all, many of you said that for me, my oppinion was not needed, but I want to apollogize with darth for my coward omission.

And I want to thank you people for fixing that problem, squinky, Andail and Darth... Now I feel so much confortable about the forums that I did last few days.

Enjoy your fishing Petter, I hope to see you again soon.
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

Pessi

YEAH, BABY!

That's the way to go, Andail! Takes a man, or more (if it's even possible!) to do that. I'd also like to say that Squinky did equally great thing on his post!

Rock on, Andail, Squinky and Darth Mandarb. This is what makes this community great.

Have a great time on your time-out! You know, there's hardly a bad thing to remember from you, the host of this year's Mittens. :)

Chrille

Sorry to hear that Andail, I hope you'll be back soon. I'll still be supplying you with tunes though.
GASPOP software
http://www.gaspop.com

Darth Mandarb

Andail - As I extended an apology to Squinky I owe you one as well.

*Mandarb apologizes

I hope your break is productive and fruitful.  I downloaded and played your demo, which I thought was off to a really good start, though I couldn't admit that until now :P

Mandarb's Official Apology:
(posted in two threads)
To any that I offended with my actions in that past couple of days I would, following the example of Squinky and Andail, like to extend an apology.  I'm glad this was resolved so we can move forward with this community.

I was going to start my own thread, but ...  ;D

humbly,
dm

Robert Eric

I still have to shake my head.  I can see that some things have been resolved and everyone is in the forgive and forget attitude, but I would have liked it better if none of this had started in the first place.
Ã, Ã, 

Timosity

Have a good time fishing, and bring back something like this.

It's a Barramundi, (caught by Dazza, who starred in Larrywilco)
Let's call her Sibylla

remixor

Cheers, Andail :)

Good of you to go out this way rather than the alternative.  I can't imagine any of us would harbor some kind of "Andail-as-vengeful-god" impression, given your otherwise great track record (and I'm only speaking from my small newbie-esque frame of reference).

Have great fun fishing, and doing other wonderfully productive things like finishing your game.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk