Somebody fucked with my computer

Started by Ben, Tue 12/08/2003 03:48:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Pessi

I think I'll go with Mods' tip! :)

Minimi

its the virus but if you dont want to have your computer restart everytime it is infected you do the following

(sorry for maybee bad english, cause im using the dutch windows!)

1. Configurationscreen
2. System manage (or something)
3. Choose services
4. in the long list choose remote procedure call (rpc)
5. Go to the tab "recovery" and uncheck the 3 "restart computer" beneath eachother!

That should work!

Nostradamus

That worm you have been experiencing is a worm that struck a huge numbers of computers on monday, it was a worm ment to strike exactly at that date and that's why it happens to all of you.

A friend of mine got a harder version of the worm, it starts a 47 second countdown to reboot once Windows is loaded so she doesn't have enough time to do the above steps. I don't know how I can help her.

Nellie

Heh, I just got a new computer with WinXP and this is the very first thing that happened to me.  I was freaking out - I thought I'd frigged up my comp within half a day of receiving the bloody thing.

Pessi

How about running a virus scan on her computer's harddrive with your computer? That would require moving the HD around but I can't really think of anything else...

jason

I'm glad if I could be of any help.

Man, viruses seriously piss me off. I can't understand why people create them. All they ever do is make our lives harder and sometimes even destroy our hard work (art, programs, etc). It's really sad that there are people who get a kick out of screwing people over.

Ginny

Yeah I agree.
A friend of mine had a problem with her computer, dunno if it was a virus or something else, but a lot of her art was deleted :(.

This makes me so mad! Grrah...

:P
Try Not to Breathe - coming sooner or later!

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

Nostradamus

Pessi, that would probably infect my HD...

I gave her Fixblast and Stinger on a disk, I hope it will work

Pumaman

There is a lesson in all of this of course - if you use the internet, install anti-virus and firewall software and regularly check Windows Update. That way, you get no viruses, no worms and no problems. :P

AGA

!

Would this be EXACTLY WHAT I SAID A PAGE AGO, CJ?!?!

edit: stab stab!

Pumaman

Hmm, that'll teach me to read the whole thread, won't it.

Er... I mean, I just said it in order to back up your statement and give it more credibility... yeah, that's it

:P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk