Today is the Blast(lovesan) day...Microdoft down?

Started by Czar, Sat 16/08/2003 12:40:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Czar

As probably the most of have heard today everyone infected with msblast.exe worm will be an instrument for attacking the Microsoft's web page, and that is few hundred thousands!
So i want to ask  you how many of you are infected, well if you dont know check your Windows\System32 for a filename msblast.exe..
I know i had it but thanks to my ZoneAlarm and NAV 2003 and my uncle :) i removed it...
Well thats all for now.
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

Darth Mandarb

I was thinking about this the other day ... I'm wondering if the msblaster.exe file is actually going to launch a denial of service attack on Microsoft.  

I was thinking that because it was supposed to do this, that today, EVERYbody will be going to microsoft.com (to see if it's down) and it'll be soooo flooded with people hittin' the site that it'll crash.

I thought it would be funny if that happened.  I think that would be hilarious!

dm

Fuzzpilz

It would be amusing, yes, but they found out what it was going to do by looking at the machine code, so it's not actually possible.

Also, the DDoS attack targets windowsupdate.com, not microsoft.com. Microsoft say they're prepared (and windowsupdate.com has been removed), but we'll see.

TheYak

and those of us running 98se still are ambivalent. ::)

Jimi

I got it, yeah. But I just went to run under start, and typed "shutdown -a" and it went.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk