Flic Animations

Started by Babar, Sun 17/08/2003 16:39:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Babar

Ok, this is probably a very stupid question, but what are flic animations, and how can I make them? AGS says that it can use flic animations, but I have no idea what a flic animation is.....
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

TerranRich

A Flic Animation ends in a .FLI or .FLC extension. It's basically a movie, like an .AVI file, but not compressed (I believe). I'm not sure which programs create Flic animations. Anybody else have any more info on this?

Ishmael

Animation shop at least... and Flic's dont have sound either...
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Ginny

Flic's don't have sound? Well, it's good to know I guess, thanks.
Anyway, in the manual it says there's a program which transforms .AVI movies into Flic's.

The reason this is mentioned in the manual is that in 256 color depth, you can't use AVI or MPG, only Flic. You can use avi and mpg in hi-color though.

edit: The program is actually what is called the Smacker tools (www.smacker.com), which split avi's into wav's and flc's, wav for the sound and flc for the movie.
:)
Try Not to Breathe - coming sooner or later!

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk