I decided to create a new thread in this forum to discuss this.

Started by , Tue 19/08/2003 15:24:59

Previous topic - Next topic

m0ds

[rant]

I was so close to going OT in someones thread but I decided not too, so thats why I've put it here.

What's with this sudden craze to inform us to what you're listening too via a picture in your signiature?

I remember when that script got banned from #ags because it was just so irratating, and no-one cared what someone else was listening too. :P

Is this new "Read some details and put them in an instantly updatable picture" thing the new craze? Like that IP thing that read out your details, and now these "I ARE LISTENING TO: WINAMP NOT LOADED" things.

I've seen two sigs with them in now. Personally, its a waste of my PC's time trying to load that image and secondly what use is it to anyone?

Go and be cool and make a scrolling picture signiature. Now thats a fad.

PS, dont think I hate you for having one of these things in your sig, I just think you're silly.  ::)

[/rant]

Trapezoid

How is it any slower than, say, Flippy's signature pic? How is it more irritating than any signature?
Anyway, if you click on mine, you can see my 50 most recent plays.

Evil

Yeah, and why not just put every 354 titles from my Kazaa on a banner in a huge font!

BOYD1981

Limey Lizard, Waste Wizard!
01101101011000010110010001100101001000000111100101101111011101010010000001101100011011110110111101101011

m0ds

Trapezoid

Speaking of signatures, whenever I see a post from Evil I have to stop myself from confusing it with a post from C. Lex. I think that the big looming picture of C in his signature might have something to do with it.

Czar

Hey m0ds youre right, the trend is started. We should all get these Audiomatch.net sigs...Thanks for reminding me  :P
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

MrColossal

Quote from: m0ds on Tue 19/08/2003 15:24:59
Go and be cool and make a scrolling picture signiature. Now thats a fad.

ouch, well i'll have you know that i would gladly stop gilbert from running if only he and pacman would come to an agreement! The agreement being that pacman won't eat gilbert...

my hands are tied...

and i remember a certain someone who put a sound file in their sig on ezboard, and then had a 142kb avatar of them getting hit in the head with boxes or of a hand coming out of their pants.

load up a page and tell me what the "this page took * seconds to load" is, for me it's .42 seconds

eric
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

m0ds

It took me 0.48, but I think thats just the page, not the images.

And yes eric yes. But that was ezboard.

:P
m0ds

TheDude

Trapezoid, you see that song "Nothin'" that you're listening to, is that the one by Townes Van Zandt?

AGA

That time is how long it takes the PHP to generate the page and its text, not any multimedia crap that might be on the page...

Trapezoid

I think my signature image is simply updated whenever I start or stop a song. So it doesn't take any more bandwidth for YOU than any other image.
And "Nothin'" means I'm not playing a song. You can choose the default no-song message...

AGA

And personally, I love these things! Take a look at what I'm listening to!

Evil

Nice AGA, nice... :)

Trap: But it is a support banner... Music doesnt support much other then the musicians and Bill Gates...

Trapezoid

C.Lex Evil: I know, but it keeps confusing me. Whenever I read one of your posts, C.Lex is the first thing I see. I'm not asking you to take it off, just pointing out that it's a bit confusing, to me, anyway...

OneThinkingGal and ._.

I'm with trap on this. It has confused me many times, evil.

Czar

well, me too. but thats not the problem, i'm not sure that i'm able to out the audiomatch :( :-\ :-[
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

Evil

Dont mess with me or I'll kill you!!! :P... I have an inner-c leks. :)

Gilbert

I don't care about the images anyway, I'm now using Opera and I browse the forums normally without loading any images (unless I really need to see them), even in the C&C forum.

It's the large images that made me do that, especially the sig. ones.

IMO loading many large images in a page that you only read texts is quite annoying, and I'm not interested on what music people are listening to either, as I don't listen much to music myself.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk