Classroom *updated*

Started by BruisedWeasel, Wed 20/08/2003 23:08:50

Previous topic - Next topic

BruisedWeasel

original

I fixed the floor, neutralized most of the colors so they look more like background colors and not LOOK-AT-ME-I-ARES-TEH-BRIGHT!!1-colors. I changed the shape of the desk because I liked the curvey against all the straight lines and angles. I started playing with the trash can and ended up turning it into a darling wicker basket. ;) Someone tore off a corner on one of the papers when I wasn't looking. I blame the doll.

I plan to start shading next. Don't worry, something will go in that doorway eventually. I'm a little amused that a classroom door opens into a black hole.

taryuu

the perspective is off a bit, most noticalby the desk because it doesn't line up properly with the panles on the floor.  also the floor panels are a little harsh looking, maybe do some palletee swapping and see if you don't like others better. and the notes on the cork board should look like they have stuff written on them.

good work.
I like having low self-esteem.  It makes me feel special.

taryuu?

Scummbuddy

The floor tiles are erratic... and it actually hurts my eyes.  it'd be cool if it was in the DOTT style, but these are not.  The dark colors also might hinder later animation... It kinda draws my attention to the floor.  Perhaps just going to the lighter color for the whole floor.  It might get too messy with all the desks, the people and the floor.  plus you wouldnt have to worry about the problems with the perspective with the vertical and horizontal parts of the tiles.
The corkboard looks pretty cool.  
The cabinet doesnt have any perspective compared to eveverything else

Oh, and Yeah! Recycling!
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

WanderLady

Hi bruised,

This is some work I did on the picture.

The floor now has a different flow. Added some perspective to recycle bin, garbage can and cabinet. Toned down the color(although I know you said they were just a base). Since the desk curves on bottom, I curved the top also(at least on one side).

***Took out the bookshelf, but only so I could have the picture in fullscreen, rather than having to scroll***

The bookshelf is very good(esp. those bookends).
The recycling bin is also.

For outside the  door, possibly another classroom door, or lockers, or both, or an outdoor scene.

It isn't great stuff, but I hope I helped...

ravenfusion

Ok, here's my edit of it:

Newly Added:
- Dark shading on objects (EDIT: FIXED THE ROUGH SHADING ON THE DESK).
- Paper, pen and pot on desk.
- Added a chair.
- Improved the door.
- Added shadows.
- A few colour changes.
- Fixed the brown colour, things used to look kinda orange-brown...
- Changed the floor colour.
- Brightened up the floor tiles.
- Added "lights off" version of image.
- Added a shadow for the desk.

I didn't finish the shading but you get the idea of how to do it. ;)

ravenfusion

ok, i'm done editing it for now. Probably the best looking stuff i've done...too bad I can't do these kinda gfx when it comes to being my rooms.  :'(

m0ds

Nice additions to a nice image!

Good stuff Bruised, but whats with the little man sitting on the shelf? :P

I think the tiled floor could still do with a bit of darkening (because I know the schools I went to never had floors like that!) but Wanderlady and Raven did a good job touching them up.

:)
m0ds

ravenfusion

m0ds, I changed the floor colour to a greyish colour. What ya think?

Also, the room seems weird cos' the desk appears to float...

m0ds

Hehe! Nice :) The floor colours are better certainly! To avoid that floaty sensation, I reckon you'd need to brighten the floor up a notch - enough to enable you to put shawdows around the desk as you had before.

:)
m0ds

Broosied

Son of a gun, I had a lengthy reply lost now because this forum is a vole.

Thank you for the suggestions.

Wanderlady: Holy hannah! How could I let myself forget to add 3d goodness to the closet and baskets? The curve on the desktop does alot to make that desk look decent. I'll play around with that idea a bit. Your floor pallette tweaking matches the original colors I used, before switching computers.

Ravenfusion: Nice additions. The grey/black floor is nice and soothing, but a bit too dark. As the room looks now, there's no irritating flourescent lights on. I almost wish classroom designers had such an eye for aesthetics.

Taryuu: I made the mistake of leaving the tile pattern until last. I should have laid out the grid first then draw the desk. I didn't worry about details on the papers yet, since I wasn't sure if I'd keep them arranged as they were.

m0ds: Doesn't every classroom have a voodoo doll on its bookshelf?

m0ds

Ohhh, thats what it is! I thought perhaps Pixar had h4x0r3d your bg and put Woody in there.

:P

ravenfusion

lol. Anyway, I brightened the floor tiles. Still...liked it better before :(

It's ended up pretty good, not bad if I don't say so myself. :P

ravenfusion

nice update! I'll put the new desk into my scene :P

BruisedWeasel

You dare to steal my modern comtemporary highly fashionable teacher's desk? For shame. Oh well. Roger's hiding under the desk. He'll bite your hand if you steal that desk.

ravenfusion

Dude...my scene is basically your scene right? with super cool shadows and stuff of course.

Bruisied

Yeah, but can you dither? :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk