Brush's with fame...

Started by Captain Mostly, Fri 22/08/2003 15:27:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Mostly

Inspired by m0ds's threead about working near to a former TV voice-over type, I thought it was about time I started a thread:

Has anyone had any exciting brush's with fame? Anyone met anyone exciting?

for my part, I've been brave enough to seek autographs off of Neil Innis (who was in that Monty Python film! and lots of other stuff)

I've had similar encounters with:
Julian Barret and Noel Fielding (of The Boosh, which you may have seen on BBC 3 if you have it. I was at the filming of the pilot show!!! I'm so COOL!!!!)
and Ross Noble (who is going to become jolly famous soon, I'm pretty sure).

I've also ALMOST been brave enough to ask the rock-profile boys (Matt Lucas and David Walliems [spelled wrong no doubt]) for autographs!!!

irritatingly I've never EVER seen anyone famous in the streets or anything.

And Phil Reed does not count.

m0ds

LoL :) Does this just count for in real life?

IRL:

Tony Hart !!1 He came and drew some stuff in the town and I got his autograph.

a Z List comedian: I forget his name (Ben someone), he turned up at a Computer Quiz thing because Adam & Joe couldn't make it.

Terry Nutcase: I met the old Really Wild Show guy at some zoo festival thing.

Jim Lee: I worked with a Radio 4 presenter for a while - he does (or did) the shipping forecast! I bought him some rice-cakes and a banana, because those were his favourite lunchtime snack.

Charles Cecil: Met him at ECTS last year, and again this year. He's a PC celeb rather than a TV one.

A weather lady: One of the BBC's weather ladies did a talk at school once, lol.

Thats about it. I need to get out more.

Matt Brown

here's mine

okay, so me and my buddies are going to go see our fav. swingband, big bad voodoo daddy. We decide it would be cool if we show up in pinstipe suits, fedoras and spector shoes. so we do that, grab some chicks, and start dancing  right in front of the stage. the band thought this was really cool, and gave us all the thumbs up sign.

Later, I got all of their autographs. what a thrill

lets see...I've also got Weird Al's autograph

and..Bob Sura's autograph (he was some loser who used to play for the cleveland cav's basketball team)

and thats it I guess

My uncle met pele once...but I didnt :(
word up

Privateer Puddin'

well, I've met

Roger Black - Ex England Olympic runner

and everyone at mittens :P

my cousins husband has met the queen and prince charles

Trapezoid

I too got Weird Al's autograph...
Also, some delusional internet geeks seem to consider me a celebrity. Probably doesn't count.
I live near Aerosmith's hometown, but I don't think I've seen any of them around (or I just haven't recognized any of them.) Almost everybody I know has met one of them though.
What else... I've sent email to/been emailed by a few LucasArts luminaries in the past. Simon Jeffrey, Michael Land (or was it Clint Bajakian? Damn, I forget!) Steve Purcell...

m0ds

I was going to say, when it comes to emailing 'famous' people my list doubles.

m0ds

Sluggo

I met Mickey Mouse.

My sisters also met that girl from American Dreams. I think her name's Meg on the show. They went to some dance studio and she was there taking a class.

Scid

I've got Minnie Mouse's signature, many times. It's all over our divorce papers.
Those who can, do, and those who can't brag about how they do it at least fifty times a day somewhere on the internet.

Sluggo

That picture of me in the picture thread is IN Minnie Mouse's house.

Timosity

I've met Numerous Australian cricket stars

Steve Waugh: Australian Captain, Asked him to fill in for my team but he said he had other commitments (it was a joke but I did ask)

Bret Lee: Probably the worlds fastest bowler, I was at a local pub/nightclub and he rocked up with a few mates, and some other guys from his state team, I chatted to him for quite a while, until more people started to recognise him, then he was just swarmed by chicks.

Also I'm an aquaintence of the lead singer of a fairly well known Aussie band Frenzal Rhomb (Jason Whalley), I went to uni with his sister, and been out with them on many occasions.

Jason Donovan (actor druggo, collapsed at the viper room [where River Phoenix died, common place to collapse]) When I was about 11 years old, it was cool then, he was on Neighbours.

Isla Fisher: She's a sexy chick actor that used to be on Home & Away, She was in the movie Scooby Doo, I was at a Frenzal Rhomb gig and I was standing next to her, my friend pointed it out and I was stunned. She was smoking and drinking a VB (beer) very cool, she seemed too innocent on tv.
I found this site: http://www.islafisher.co.uk/ apparently she's engaged to Ali G

Tim Webster: Australian sports news presenter on chanel 10, He's the father of one of my friends.

I've seen plenty of others on the street, (driving in traffic even) but never spoken to them.

Mike Patton walked passed me at a gig, although it was his gig for Mr. Bungle, during the support band, So I did expect to see him but not that close.

Oh, and Shane Warne has sent me some sexy sms's, but he does that to everyone.

SSH

I'm related to the future president of the universe. Come 2033, my daughter will be supreme commander of the whole cosmos.

Some people say that I'm over ambitious for her, given she's 9 months old, but just look at her (she's the one on the left on top, underneath, on top, underneath, on top, underneath, on top, underneath.... etc.) and you can see its obvious that she'll go far.

Robert Eric

I shook hands with Dave Attell (the comedian) a month or so ago when he came to Hampton Beach to perform.
Ã, Ã, 

MrColossal

man i love scid

i wish i met him...

teachers: David Mazzucchelli and Tom Hart and Gary Panter are my claims to fame.

people would prolly only know Gary Panter cause he designed all the sets and toys and stuff for Pee Wee's TV show.

David M drew a lot of daredevil comics back in the day and he did Batman: Year One

I met Kaz who does Underworld and wrote for Sponge Bob and Sam Henderson who also wrote for Sponge Bob and has a hilarious comic called Magic Whistle.

I met Ben Catmull who is an amazing artist and he used to work for Pixar on Toy Story 2 and Bug's Life and Finding Nemo. He's gorgeous

I met Kthor from http://www.shortandhappy.com/ at a 24 comic party... i met Leela Corman and I shook hands with Jason and told him i loved him [ http://www.mjaumjau.net ]

Met Steven Notley from bob the angry flower... um... these are all comic bookers and no one really cares

but i do baby!

i do...

baby
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Evil

Um... Ah... I know the nephew of the creator of MUDD jeans. :P

Heh... Um... Oh, we drove really slow and all over the road in front for Lisa Marie Presley's limo... Um... I know "Harry" from "Dumb and Dumberer"... Thats about it...

earlwood

I saw Sandra Bullock doing that wine glass thing for Miss Congeniallity...err..horrible spelling.
Thats about it : P

Las Naranjas

Freddy Fittler pulled up his huge boat next to our shitty dinghy in Suzzex Inlet a week after the '97 Grand Final.
"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

Rincewind

Well, I haven't met any extreme celebrities, but those that I have met are these:

Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman - At a book-signing in Gothenburg. One of the most nervous moments in my life. But he was there, cowboy hat and all...

Mort Walker - At the same exhibition as Terry and Neil. I feel rather lucky to have gotten his autograph, seeing as the man is getting really old, and might pass away soon. And also, being a huge Beetle Bailey fan since I was a child, it was a cool feeling to finally get to see and talk to the man who had created all those fine memories of my early, comic-reading years...

Hehe, and that's about it... :)

DGMacphee

Wow, Capt -- Neil Innis is a fantastic singer and it must have been brillo to meet him!

As for moi, I am actually related to Leslie Uggams (she's my Auntie).

http://www.imdb.com/Name?Uggams,+Leslie

She used to have her own show in the 60s and she was nominated for a Golden Globe and Emmy for that miniseries "Roots".

I met her when I was a kid, but that was ages ago -- I'd like to get in contact with her again sometime and see how she, my Uncle and my cousins are.

I've also me Eric Buell (of the motorbike fame) when I was working in a cafe. I even served him a Latte.

I was also called an idiot by Bob Ellis, who is a filmmaker and political writer here in Australia. I asked him what his favourite films were and he said that there were so many movies you couldn't possibly say which is your favourite film and that my question was idiotic. (I take great pride in this brush with fame)

I've also met John Birmingham. His books are the fucking funniest reads ever if you can find them overseas. See if you can find his classic piece of work "He Died With A Felafel In His Hand".

I also met Paul Kelly's brother. Actually, his brother used to be vice principal at my high school.

And once my high school booed all-boy pop band Human Nature off stage when the school hired them to sing at one of our dances.

ABRACADABRA YOUR SPELLS ARE OKAY

DGMacphee Designs - http://www.sylpher.com/DGMacphee/
AGS Awards - http://www.sylpher.com/AGSAwards/

Instagame - http://www.sylpher.com/ig/
"Ah, look! I've just shat a rainbow." - Yakspit

LGM

My mom met Gallagher once... And, umm.. I had a live conference call with Arnold Schwarzenagger once.. But it was to a whole audience.. lol..

That's pretty much it.. I live a sheltered life :(
You. Me. Denny's.

Timosity

Quote from: DGMacphee on Sat 23/08/2003 00:40:35
I've also met John Birmingham. His books are the fucking funniest reads ever if you can find them overseas. See if you can find his classic piece of work "He Died With A Felafel In His Hand".

Yes, I've read that, excellent look at life in share houses, I really related well to a lot of the stuff in that.

He'd be a very interesting person to meet.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk