Gamesville

Started by TheDude, Sun 24/08/2003 13:23:44

Previous topic - Next topic

TheDude

Has anyone else seen this really lame gameshow that's just started on Sky One? It's another one of those shows where the presenters know absolutely nothing about games. Mention a Radeon or a GeForce to them and they'll probably stare blankly back at you.
It even has a cheats section which is a total waste of tv time since there's this little thing called the internet.

Here's a page i found with some quotes from the presenters, scroll down to bananaman_007's 2nd post: http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/t/82911/ds.html

One good thing is that the voice-over woman totally slated the Charlie's Angels game. That's about the only good thing.

Captain Mostly

I know LOADS about games, but if you tried to talk to me about "Radeon" and "GeForce" I'd glass over. I think you're a little harsh to judge these people!

I suspect they know pleanty about games, but very little about reviewing them, beyond reading the script.

TheDude

Maybe you know loads about games but you probably aren't a hardcore gamer, more of a casual gamer. It's just silly when they choose casual gamers to present gaming shows rather than people that have some kind of decent knowledge. It's like getting someone that doesn't fully know the rules of football to present a football show.

Conclusion: Geeks should present gaming shows. The End. :)

PeaceMan

These must be the most inept tv presenters in the world, they could have found this was wrong by looking at the back of the box

Quote'Splinter Cell is better, because Microsoft had more time to think about it'

Quote"Metal Gear Solid Substance is the same as the original Metal Gear Solid, apart from it doesn't have any cinematic-cuts"

and a comment like this proves that they don't even try the games so how are they meant to review them.

Bring back GamesMaster!!!

Archangel (aka SoupDragon)

The problem is, most geeks don't have the charisma to present a TV show  ;D

Then again, most TV presenters don't have the charisma to present a TV show

Pumaman

Yeah, but let's face it, the Bits girls rocked  ;)

BOYD1981

why would a "hardcore" gamer need to know what a Radeon or GeForce was?
i saw some of that show the other day (it's Gamezville by the way, with a z) and it seemed to be mostly aimed at kids and console games, and not everyone has the internet, plus the script is probably written by some idiot that knows nothing about games anyway...

Limey Lizard, Waste Wizard!
01101101011000010110010001100101001000000111100101101111011101010010000001101100011011110110111101101011

PeaceMan

Quote from: BOYD1981 on Sun 24/08/2003 23:43:40
why would a "hardcore" gamer need to know what a Radeon or GeForce was?

They would need to know this because they would be constantly updating there PC with the best hardware on the market so they have support for all the flashy graphics and to keep the games running at a fair speed.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk