Arnold Schwarzenneger For Governor!!

Started by shitar, Sat 30/08/2003 04:33:19

Previous topic - Next topic

TheYak

Ok, it was almost a joke at the time but now it would appear that Arnold is our governor (for all 3 of us Californians in AGS)...  crazy shit...  He won with 51% of the vote.  At least it wasn't a situation where a candidate won with 15% of the vote (as was stated to be possible in this election between 135 candidates).  

Pity us, Mr. Universe has stepped down to be California Governor.  :P

DGMacphee from Uni

TAKE IT TO THE SUPREME COURT!!!  ;D

Femme Stab Mode >:D

:o
I have a bad feeling about this. A really bad feeling.
NANANANANANA ASSHOLE!

remixor

Damnit, damnit, damnit.  My only hope was that the recall wouldn't succeed and thus it wouldn't matter that Arnold would inevitably win the governor vote, but my hopes were in vain.  My only consolation is that propositions 53 and 54 didn't go through.

I can't BELIEVE that Arnold Schwarzenegger is our governor.  ARHGHGHG!
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Femme Stab Mode >:D

Arnold ran a simplistic campaign with simplistic promises. He is unexperienced in the art of politics. I just hope california doesn't become a big slums state.
NANANANANANA ASSHOLE!

Matt Brown

arnie gropes 15+ women. its called playful behavior, he laughs about it, and we vote him in. Arnie has no political experience. He;s just ripped.

Clinton got a concenting blow job from an ugly chick. We were outraged, and tried to get him kicked iut. Clinton had LOADS of political experence, helped guide our country into untold propsperity, and peace for 8 years. Clinton is also ugly.

see what really matters to people in our country? And to think that I wanted to go into politics here

* Teh Pandanator packs bags for Brazil

* Teh Pandanator also hits gym to get ripped, so he can make free grabs at boobies and have it be called playful
word up

Nacho

You should be happy! If things go bad between other state, Colorado, or something, your governor can take the machine gun and kill half of the enemy state, Hasta la vista, Baby! 8)
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

Dave Gilbert

Arnie in charge of one of the biggest states in the country?  I fear for them.  More worrisome is the 12,000 people who voted for GARY COLEMAN.  It's such a joke.  

I'm so glad my sister moved out of California last summer.  

DGMacphee

Deficit under Gray Davis: $34.6 million

Number of women groped by Arnie: 17

Tax dollars Bush needs to continue Iraq occupation: $87 billion

Watching society crumble: Priceless!
ABRACADABRA YOUR SPELLS ARE OKAY

DGMacphee Designs - http://www.sylpher.com/DGMacphee/
AGS Awards - http://www.sylpher.com/AGSAwards/

Instagame - http://www.sylpher.com/ig/
"Ah, look! I've just shat a rainbow." - Yakspit

Darth Mandarb

I have to say that I knew from the beginning he was going to win.  It was scary, but obvious.

Maybe ... just maybe this could be a good thing??

I try to find a bright side to any situation so let's look at it this way.

If there were 135 names on the list, and Arnold got 51% of the vote ... well ... unless he cheated somehow, that's a majority of the people behind him.

So if he can use his name/popularity to get that 51% spurred into action to actually be productive it could possibly be a good thing.

Of couse ... that 51% could be all the beach bum/body builders who don't have a clue what an election is and said "Whoa dude, Ah'nold is scopin' politics and I can vote for him??  That's bodacious dude!"

Time will tell ...

I wish him (and California) good luck!

cheers,
darthMANDARB

Trapezoid

The 51% was of those who wanted a recall. There were more people who wanted to keep Davis than those who wanted Arnold. But at the same time there were more people who wanted Davis out than those who wanted to keep him. Tricky, huh?

Dave Gilbert

Quote from: DGMacphee on Wed 08/10/2003 16:06:45
Deficit under Gray Davis: $34.6 million

Question.  According to my ex-califronian sister, the deficit was caused because Davis was promised around $30 million in aid from the government. So he spent all that money, true, but he also expected the state would get that money back.  Is this true?   If so, the most Davis could be blamed for is trusting in his own government.

Meowster

Dudes.

Bill Clinton was great. His woman-chasing antics did not affect the way he governed America. You had 8 years of tranquility. He was a bloody good President. Bush is a two-faced lizard-president, according to popular conspiracy theorists. But seriously, I don't trust that man as far as I could throw Manhatten.

As for Arnie, well maybe he gropes women. Maybe he did drugs or whatever Arnie does in his spare time. But is that going to stop him from governing California properly? Is he going to be too busy with breasts to sign in new whatever-it-is-he-needs-to-sign-ins? Is he going to have too few hands to fondle AND work at the same time? Is he going to have too little time to govern while he gropes? Will his one-time-steroid-enhanced muscles fit into the arms of his good business jacket???

I know these people should set good examples and crap, but it really isn't going to make them a better or worse governer. In fact, I think it's a pretty good thing you have a Governer that knows about the bees and the birds, because it's going to make him all the wiser as a governing-dude.

Arnie may not be the best choice, but time will tell whether he's a better Governer than he is Actor. And you'd better hope he is.

Dave Gilbert

Clinton was a Harvard Law school graduate and Rhodes scholar.  Arnie is a former bodybuilder turned movie star.  It's impossible to compare the two.

At least Sonny Bono and Ronald Regan spent a chunk of time out of the spotlight, studying politics and law, before running for government office.

Meowster

Everybody knows it's actually Maria who's running California now. And she is using this as an opportunity to get her kids to run for president.

EDIT: The Governor of California is so cool in his new movie!!! Especially the part where he blows the girls head off and says, "Now I shit down your neck!" and then and then....

Seriously, uh, does he remind anybody else of Duke Nukem!?

Governor of California 2003-????: Duke Nukem.

Domino

We've had an actor for President (Ronald Reagan), a wrestler for governor of Minnesota (Jesse "The Body" Ventura), an actor/singer in Congress (Sonny Bono), now deceased and an actor for mayor somewhere in California, i think. (Clint Eastwood)

Arnold for Governor didn't surprise me at all, and probably couldn't do any worse than their last Governor. I just hope he has some extra time to make more movies. (Total Recall is my fav.)

oh, by the way, Howard Stern was going to run for Governor of New York but dropped out of the race.

Shawn

Barcik

How are actors less capable of being politicians then lawyers or brokers? I don't know Arnie's ideology, but judging him as by his previous proffession is wrong.
Currently Working On: Monkey Island 1.5

MrColossal

because there were people running for office who had YEARS of political experience...

he has not...

he is an actor... now it is time to worry about who the director is
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Las Naranjas

In Australia (and soon PNG) it's impossible for someone to get elected without over 50% of the vote, this being achieved by preferences.

Instead of voting for one person on the ballot you number them in order of preference.

So if no-one gets over 50% with No. 1's, they take the parties and candidates with the fewest votes and use their preferences, and then the next smallest etc. until they find a candidate which is prefered by over 50% of the population.

If such a system was in the US, I can see alot of relieved Greens voters, because the debate between principals and a lesser evil would be gone. THe primary vote can go to the Greens and preferences can be directed towards the Democrats.

And hey, you wouldn't end up with Dubya or possibly Arnie.
"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

Evil

Gah, I wanted Coleman to win so when there was a problem he could go, "Whact you talkin' bout?"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk