My scanner won't work!

Started by Pet Terry, Sat 30/08/2003 10:59:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Pet Terry

My scanner doesn't work. When I'm trying to scan something I get error message saying "Scanner not detected". Scanner is plugged in where it should be and I haven't changed any settings or anything. Scanner worked fine when I had my old monitor, but I had to buy new one because old monitor broke down. Now the scanner haven't been working with the new monitor. I've tried to re-install the drivers and update them, with no luck. My printer does work and it's connected through my scanner. Scanner is CanoScan FB 330P and I'm using Win98.

Any help?
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

makri

Check the parallel (LPT) port settings from you BIOS. I've seen cases where the setting has changed without any apparent reason. Try the other settings available (Bi-directional, Enhanced, ECP, ECP+EPP etc.).
Thud. Thud. Thud. Splat.

Pet Terry

Thanks makri but that didn't help...

Any more help???
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Scummbuddy

You said you reinstalled drivers... have you also uninstalled the scanner software, and then reinstalled it?
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Pet Terry

Yep, done that, doesn't work.
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Scummbuddy

Is it possible for you to try and install it on another computer?
Are there other connection spots in the back of the computer you can hook it up to instead?
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

SSH

I had a similar problem with my scanner for ages. Then I reliased that it's power cable wasn't plugged in

Pet Terry

Scummy: It's not possible to install it on another computer at the moment... also, there's only one connection spot where to plug it in. But thanks anyway.

I'll try installing the drivers again today to see if it helps.
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk