Introducing a new member.(La Lore, my GF)

Started by Nacho, Sat 30/08/2003 17:52:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Nacho

Hi people! I am just writing this to introduce my girfriend Lorena (La Lore) to the community. She does not know much of English, nor programming or painting with the comp, but she will start the "Painting Course" by Farlander in two weeks time.

I hope my close friends to say hello to her, and assist to my classes, which will start soon in the critics lounge.

Course contents:

I choose a pic, suitable for being a background, I make it into a background posting all the necessary explanations, and you try to copy it as a homework.

It will be a PSP curse, if you want to use PS, ask Helm.

I wait for you!

P.S. Say hello to Lorena. ;)
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

La Lore

Hi People!
I just want to say hello. I wish to help you in many artistic matters as I can.
See you in the Critics Lounge.

:)
Lorena ^_^/~
"Please, do stop" - m0ds

Darth Mandarb

Hello La Lore!  Welcome to the forums.

See you in the Critics Lounge!!

dm

PeaceMan

Thanks Farlander this might help me with my drawing skills. Can we use any version of PSP as i've only got PSP5.

P.S. Hi Lorena.  :)

FruitTree

hey there la lore,

can't wait for that course!

Nacho

Thanks for the nice comments... I´ve edit the previous post, of course, it will be a painting "Course", not a curse, which could be also funny, voodoo stuff and paint, what a mix!

It will be suitable for PSP5, in fact, I use PSP 5 in spite of having the 7.

BTW, I´ll use PSP7 because I´ve installed it in English for knowing which function I´ll tech to you. Translating tecnical words from my spanish PSP5 for you could be a mess!

P.S. Thanks from Lorena.

P.S.S. First homework: A pirate harbour (Don´t be impatient, I´ll bring the photo...)

Barcik

Currently Working On: Monkey Island 1.5

La Lore

Hi Barcik! Hello for the others also!

I am so happy to become an AGSer girl! I´ve took this decission because I like painting backgrounds and giving C+C to the other people´s art. Be sure to help me too!

I know quite about graphic adventure. I love The monkey Island saga, my favourite is Curse of monkey Island because of the art, but I love the jokes of the two first games too.

I love also Grimm Fandango... I love game where you can´t die (It´s easy in Grimm, because you´re already dead, he :)!

P.S. Soon you´ll see my art improve thanks to Farlander´s  course! (P.S.S. That has been added under thread by me, Farlander, hehe...)
Lorena ^_^/~
"Please, do stop" - m0ds

12431offline

OH! girlfriend! I thought it was your grandfather! lol

Minimi

You shouldn't think, but first put on your glasses, and then stare at the monitor and read! 8)

Hi there La Lore! Great! We can use some more girls here around! I'll just say a friendly hello here, and I'm sure I'll meet you one day at critics lounge! Maybee YOU can help me with those female characters! :p

DinghyDog

Heh. Heh heh. Reminded of a Ctrl+Alt+Del comic...

Nice to meet you. I, likewise, look forward to seeing you in the CL, seeing as I'm finally getting around to making my first game. Hey, look, it's a pseudo-noob. Whoo.

-DD
It's yer owld pal Dinghy Dog!!

Andail

Welcome, La Lore.
Farlander's friends are my friends, and his girlfriends are, hrm, also my friends

veryweirdguy

Wow, Farlander's a brave guy, bringing his girlfriend to us, especially with that m0ds lurking around....

Hi La Lore. Love the avatar (was it your idea or Farlander's?). Also, do you have any art you could show us? I'd be interested to see what you can do...

Anyway, welcome to the community!

DGMacphee

Hi La Lore!

Here's a gift to you from the AGS Welcoming committee:

Enjoy!  ;D
ABRACADABRA YOUR SPELLS ARE OKAY

DGMacphee Designs - http://www.sylpher.com/DGMacphee/
AGS Awards - http://www.sylpher.com/AGSAwards/

Instagame - http://www.sylpher.com/ig/
"Ah, look! I've just shat a rainbow." - Yakspit

Nacho

remixor

Er...no need to be angry Farl; that's you, right?   ;)  Very thoughtful of DGM, I'd say!

In any case, welcome to the forums La Lore :)
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

agswannabe

yikes, la lore- you only have one eye   ;D welcome to the community
"after eating a man for breakfast you should brush your teeth"

-canibal

La Lore

Thanks for the comments. The avatar idea was mine (Fry & Leela, because I love Futurama) (Edit by Farlander: She told me to use Fry, when she started thinking seriously about joining the community I told her to use the same style of avatar, but she´d used Leela anyway).

I don´t like man with big muscles, but thanks anyway DGM  :).

Just remind that I´ve already sent a draw to critics lounge.
http://www.agsforums.com/yabb/index.php?board=4;action=display;threadid=7945

I am working in a new pencil background and I am starting to practise with the PSP.

I hope to show them to you soon. :)

Edit by Farlander: First couple in the AGS Community? I know Blazej (Goldmund) and her girlfriend Dominika are working together in the depelopement of Donna, but I think she is not a member yet... What can you say about that subject?
Lorena ^_^/~
"Please, do stop" - m0ds

Scummbuddy

Mods is boyfriend/girlfriend with every woman on the boards, regaurdless of age.  He calls first dibs, so, sadly, your girlfriend is no longer yours.  Hence why we have not brought our girls onto the boards.

And I'm serious.... ;)
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

DGMacphee

Quote from: La Lore on Sun 31/08/2003 15:41:01
I don´t like man with big muscles, but thanks anyway DGM  :).

In that case:

His name is Reggie, he's a tiger in the sack, and he's all yours!

Somehow, a little skinny guy doing diddly just doesn't have the same comic value.  ::)

He could pull up his pants a couple more inches though.

m0ds

Ooh La Lore!

(As in ooh La La, the french saying. Sigh, I wouldn't have to explain this if I didn't have a rep...) :P

m0ds

La Lore

Quote from: m0ds on Sun 31/08/2003 18:11:15
Ooh La Lore!

(As in ooh La La, the french saying. Sigh, I wouldn't have to explain this if I didn't have a rep...) :P

m0ds

??? Ok... Now you have a rep... Explain that! :)

DGM: :o
Lorena ^_^/~
"Please, do stop" - m0ds

Quote from: DGMacphee on Sun 31/08/2003 11:31:10
Hi La Lore!

Here's a gift to you from the AGS Welcoming committee:

Enjoy!  ;D
you collect pictures like that?
Albert Barillé and Hergé, we love you

DGMacphee

SSH

Hola La Lore,

Bienvenido a AGS, el mejor sistema de juegos de adventura del mundo... hablo un poco de espanol, y mi esposa es espanola.

Mi consejo es subsistencia lejos de m0ds y de DGMacphee: ¡son apuro! ;D

Ay va la leche!

Nacho

It´s Farlander now... SSH, you never stop to surprise me, nice Spanish, nice avatar, nice baby (ergo, nice wife because She hasn´t (forntunately ;D) heritaged nothing from you).

Thanks for the warm welcome in the name of La Lore. Now, I must go to study german.  :'(

I wish to write a longest post...  :P

La Lore

SSH: Bonito bebé. No conozco a m0ds, solo lo escuche una vez por teléfono :)  (Nice baby. I haven´t met M0ds, I just listen him once by telephone :) )
Lorena ^_^/~
"Please, do stop" - m0ds

SSH

Quote from: La Lore on Mon 01/09/2003 16:48:19
I haven´t met M0ds, I just listen him once by telephone :)
Couldn't get a word in edgeways, eh?  ;)

Obviousamente, mi hija habla español tambien, pero no save muchos palabras (e.g. babababbababba y aaaaaahahhahahahh).  Intentando enseñarle esta frase: "Papa tiene siempre razon", pero Marian (mi esposa) no se gusta..  :-\

Goldmund

Ha! La Lore finally! I've seen your photos, as Nacho couldn't contain himself and simply HAD to boast with you. :D
Welcome to the forums, I hope we meet one day on Irc and have some opportunity to talk dirty chat about spanish history!!

Nacho

@Goldmund: Boast from her  ;D.

Just telling that my computer is kapputt. I will be off of the forums (therefore Lorena will be also) during 3 or 4 days, I expect no more. For the people who cares, any information about the "secret project" with scoobar is safe  :).

@SSH: Lorena knows something in English: "They would stole our lifes, but they won´t never stole... Our thistle!"

It seems it has something to see with a harange that William Wallace told, or something like that... Mel Gibson changed it completely.  :P

P.S. The scottish national symbol is a thistle.
P.S.S. And yes, that sentence pretends to be funny... My girlfriend´s family has a very strange sense of humour.

Vel

Hello Lorena and welcome to the community!
Farlander: it is always nice to bring more people to the community.

La Lore

@Goldmund: Thanks for the warm welcome, guy from "Polandia", but I´m not very history, last year I failed. If you want we can talk about plants and medicines. I hope to meet you in some "mittens", Nacho has talked to me very well from you. :-*

@SSH: Sure that your daughter will talk spanish some day (Your wife will take that task) Untill then them, I can talk with her because I talk a little of "babyequian"...  :D

@Vel: (From Farlander): It hasn´t been me who really encouraged Lorena to join the community, it has just been seeing how nice you´re with your comments in CL and because of the friendship she noticed that I share with all you, guys.
Lorena ^_^/~
"Please, do stop" - m0ds

Helm

It's a shame that Farlander has to lose all his manly hairs so you can love him, but eh, that's love, I guess. Welcome.
WINTERKILL

rodekill

He can have some of my man-hairs. I have plenty to spare.
SHAWNO NEWS FLASH: Rodekill.com, not updated because I suck at animation. Long story.
peepee

Nacho

:o

Oh, C´mon... It´s not just because of my girlfriend that I shave my body hair... If not, I could´t go to the bars to pick up (Teh Blue Oyster, Na Na Na Na Na Naaaaaa!)

P.S. For further references about that joke, see "Police Academy"

Thanks.  ;D

LordHart

Well, this threads another reason that reminds me that I myself have no girlfriend... :(

Minimi

aah, stop the crap, at least you have a life besides the pc! :(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk