September MAGS

Started by magintz, Sat 30/08/2003 21:02:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Minimi

well mine is finished.. check the finished games forum! ;)

taryuu

my norton antivirus detected a virus in the zip file. win32.pinfi

then it said that the file was repaired.  and now the game won't run.

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.pinfi.html

EDIT - The new version of the game no longer has a virus.  for those who downloaded it prior,  follow the link for removal instructions.

I like having low self-esteem.  It makes me feel special.

taryuu?

Minimi

just this one question... Could anyone explain to me how the voting works, and how you'll enter your vote? Or is Hobbes the one to select the winner??

taryuu

i assume magintz will update the mags site after today.

http://www.mags-competition.tk/

howver he hasn't said anything since the first post so i don't know.  time is ticking.
I like having low self-esteem.  It makes me feel special.

taryuu?

Klaus

Hi Minimi, hello taryuu.

Here are some words about the coming vote: Back in April this year I set up the MAGS website that also includes a voting system. Each time a new entry is posted here I add it to the games list on the site that also works as the database for the monthly vote. Now when the deadline is reached Magintz is giving me a sign to activate the voting system.

At that point there are two ways to vote for your favourite game: I'll post a summary of all entries to this forum. You can directly send your vote by clicking on the name of the game in that message then. The click is your vote. The other way is to visit the MAGS website and switch to the voting area. Here you can also see the summary of all games of the month. It works the same way: The click on the name is your vote. Only one vote is accepted by each person. So if you revisit the MAGS website during the voting period it should show what you chose before.

At the end of the voting period Magintz is posting the winner to this thread. That's also the sign for me to close the system. For a short time then you can see how many people voted for what game in a small statistics on the MAGS site until the new competition starts. That's how it works. :)

By the way: The MAGS voting has nothing to do with the vote on the AGS games list! Just in case someone was thinking of something like that...

Well, Hobbes made a very great job as a host for this month's competition and I think that's the reason for Magintz being so silent as none of his helping words were needed so far. :)

Ginny

I just need to finish up a few little things and I'll release it today... It'll be a demo so it might not actually count (all those school trips this week were exhausting, so I didn't get to work on it much) but I'll release it anyway... Just a little longer...
Try Not to Breathe - coming sooner or later!

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

Ishmael

What time do the games need to be in? 00:00 GTM? I got like the end cutscene and some fixes to go... Will you accept my game if it goes a bit over midnight? I'm sure if I got net then, so I'll in that case have to cut it short...  ::)
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Minimi

Hm... I just fixed the final bugs in my MAGS game, so if you saw it WITH bugs... it's now without ;) I hope that GinnyW and TK will release their games today! That makes 5 entry's!!

magintz

Puddy Penguin by Minimi
Genbu's Favour by Taryuu
T.I.T by Paranoi

I'll wait to see if TK and Ginny finish their games, so HURRY UP ._. k
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

Paranoia

i don't mind waiting abit longer for tk and ginnyw, i know rules are rules but they've changed throughout MAGS so another day won't hurt

Ishmael

I now could really use a couple of days extra  :'( I lost like an hour of work, because AGS told my #define'd vars were "undefined symobols"... So I gotta do the end cutscene all over again.
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Paranoia

magintz

I grant thee till the 28th...
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

Ginny

*Ginny bows to Magintz, the benevolant god of MAGS...

I will release a sort of one-room intro which ends in To Be Continued, and then work on the rest of it right away :)

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

Minimi

hmm.. then I'm going to add some sound to my game, to improve it! ;) .. and an intro!

Paranoia

ok i'll redo all my puzzles, 20 more rooms....
the idea was to help tk and ginnyw, not for me,minimi and Taryuu to rebuild ours! the entry posted should be the game thats entered, look i don't care, i entered mine bugs n all what i entered is what ppl get, fixing bugs is all well and good but adding more is going to far

Minimi

I was sarcastic, just like you paranoia ;)... I'm happy with my game as it is! ;)

Ginny

Ok, I finished a bare-bones intro, it's here:

Dragonscale: The Encounter (non encounter really :P)

http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/http://102269515.home.icq.com/DS.zip

The following 3 days are a holiday, so I'll have more free time to work.

Actually I think it's perfectly fine if someone improves or fixes their game some more until the 23rd. ;)

Good night :)

Minimi

I can't download it, it won't give me access :(

Ginny

Heh, ok, edited it (I noticed it too, damn icq server..). Hope it works now :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk