September MAGS

Started by magintz, Sat 30/08/2003 21:02:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Minimi

It seems like it's going to be a sweet nice game. Just my style! I loved the joke about something 2875... long before my time :P
though.. i must say.. that in more than 1000 years.. they houses haven't changed much :P

Ishmael

I can't say else now but thank you! I worked long last night, and got this done:

http://kotisivu.mtv3.fi/tk/McReedCase.zip

The McReed Case
- 320x240 res
- 16 bit color
- 31 rooms
- 15 inv items
- 7 characters
- quite lot of dialog
- One secret trick :P
- Midi music, most by Trapezoid, some I just found on my hd...
- Point countin (nothing further... I had planned things, but the time sorta ran out, and I don't want to start screwing around)

I'm planning on releasing a sort of extendet version, which includes bugs fixed, animation, more puzzles, more rooms (places you couldn't go to), more inv items, and other things I didn't/couldn't/hadn't got time to add.

The game does not contain bad visua/audiall content or bad language, exept the secret thingy has one "dammit" and in the end you see a bloody monster... does those count?

In case I have ignored or impersonated someone in this post or the game, I appologize.
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Minimi

omg... i fired the gun at the warewolf and I couldn't get to see it? :( Did I finished the game now, or not, because I didn't save it! :(

Very nice game btw... pretty long game for a MAGS and you done some nice graphics!

TK@SchoolComp

Did you get yourself killed? :P As I think I said, I had not time to animate the events... I hope I get to release the extended... ;)

Ginny

Quote from: Minimi on Thu 25/09/2003 23:08:17
It seems like it's going to be a sweet nice game. Just my style! I loved the joke about something 2875... long before my time :P
though.. i must say.. that in more than 1000 years.. they houses haven't changed much :P

Heh, well, in the full game there's an explenation for this actually, because it's somewhat connected to the main character's choice of proffession.
Did you try using the house, btw?

Anyway, glad you like the style, though when it comes to graphics the only things I like are the GUI and the main character's front and back (I had no idea side views were so difficult :P). I enjoyed scripting a lot :D
Try Not to Breathe - coming sooner or later!

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

TK@SomeComp

Now I must re-comment that last one... I wil try to do some fixes on it during the weekend, if I find any major bugs or lacks or anything, and for Minimi I'll try to animate the end battle... not to raise my chances in winning! :P You know... I seem to jump from no-my-comp to not-my-comp today... gotta get back on on my own to see if there's something I can do with my game...  ::)

straston

Quote from: TK@SomeComp on Fri 26/09/2003 10:04:03
Now I must re-comment that last one... I wil try to do some fixes on it during the weekend, if I find any major bugs or lacks or anything, and for Minimi I'll try to animate the end battle... not to raise my chances in winning! :P You know... I seem to jump from no-my-comp to not-my-comp today... gotta get back on on my own to see if there's something I can do with my game...  ::)

Hi, TK

Nice game... but... well, maybe if you edit it anyway, could you change the talking colur of the main character? Dark blue on black is so hard to read!

Bye,

Straston

Ginny

Minime: Is the talking color I used ok? It took me a while to pick one, since the default one was hard to read.

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

Minimi

Yes, the talking colour is in my opinion ok!

Ishmael

Sorry 'bout that... I used a Black-n-Blue style in the beginning of production, and left it there... I'll use my own standard for new projects, white :P

I made some unchantments, like closeup and shooting animation for Scott in the end scene, some dialog fixes, bug fixes, and other minor fixes...

I got an updated version ready, just need to change the talking color... But I won't be able to upload it untill tomorrow evening..

Btw, has anyone found the so called secret? :P

\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

magintz

tick tock, tick tock

I will allow 8h 24 minutes (8pm here)

Then I will get the voting started.
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

Ishmael

I count that 10pm here?

White didn't fit as Scott's talking color... It messed the game up in my opinion. And I have no problem reading it.

I have fixed more bugs today... like the one if you first get your mail, then talk to boss, then get the gun and keys in order, you can't leave the police station.

Ginny

Ishmael

Updated: http://kotisivu.mtv3.fi/tk/McReedCase.zip

and original: http://kotisivu.mtv3.fi/tk/McReedCase1.zip

And I solved the player speech color problem ;D

I trust the correct one is set for the voting subject, and I honor the decision made.

Ginny

Whew, finished... There might be some bugs, but never mind. Sorry for the delay, I couldn't get the creature right(and resolved in the end to not drawing it at all :P).

So here it is:
http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/http://102269515.home.icq.com/DS.zip

Klaus

Okay, now all entries are in and we can start right in time...
For voting please visit the MAGS site or make your choice right here:

The McReed Case by TK
Terence Independent Terminator by Paranoia
Puddy Penguin by Minimi
Genbus Favour by taryuu
Dragonscale by GinnyW

Please vote only once and be sure to have played all games before sending your voice! Good luck to all participants.

Ishmael

Just wondering... has anyone finished my game? :P I know some people have had problems in it...

Klaus

I am really sad: One of the participants added the direct vote link for his game to another forum. He only commented this entry with the line "Dit is echt een hele mooie site, moet je echt zien!!". There's no mention of a contest, none of the other entries, not even a slightliy idea of what's behind that link. So if someone clicks on that link the game gets a voice. This is no fair play!
Just some days ago I made clear how the voting works: Either using the posted summary in this threads or by a visit to the MAGS site! I'll now discuss with Magintz and Jannar if this entry should be completely disqualified or if just the votes transmitted via this "bad" link should be deleted.

Paranoia

FFS, to think i was all for giving ppl more time to finish their games, i'll be rather pissed off if it is one of the people that got the extra time, is winning that feckin important? >:(

Minimi

To tell you all the truth... I'm really crying here behind my pc. I can't blame the bad past of my youth for this, because I'm responsible for my own actions, but I always had to prove myself that I could do something good, but everything always went wrong. So with this competition, I thought it was a way to show that I'm sooo good at programming and things, and that I do am good at something, but I only feel sad about what happened. I have acted really like asz on IRC lately, where I got banned, I said some things to others I didn't ment... I made apologizes... I'm posting too much, and now I'm cheating at a competition that is just there for fun... and I feel like I now really damaged the trust.

I don't feel like apologizing anymore, because it seems to be only a word of my side, so what I'm going to do is just say nothing, and have regret of everything, and I think you'll be all mad at me, so I'm leaving for at least some time and I'll probably come back later, probably to announce another game... but I really must say that I hate myself for this.

All I actually tried was to be someone nice to all and a helping person, but it turns out I'm screwing everything up. I actually don't even know anymore what you think of me, I guess you just think I'm a screwed up nerd... or maybee I'm thinking that I'm that... so I think it becomes time to leave the forum for a while and just say goodbye... and I'll see if my game get's disqualified or not. I did cheated...so it should be, though I really hope that that won't happen.

I don't know what to say anymore, so I'll just stop now, because im pretty sad and disappointed in myself. They say shit happens... but it just seems like I'm too deep in the shit that I can't seem to manage to get out of it.

Finally I am going to say sorry to all, and I hope I did something good for someone... and I hope you won't stay mad at me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk