Where are you with your games?

Started by Squinky, Tue 02/09/2003 21:12:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Squinky

Just wondering where everybody was at with all their projects....And how you feel about them.

Trapezoid

Well, I can't seem to get past the story and puzzles on any of my games. I sat around with Suspico for a while, then I got tired of it and made a story for a new game. Then I had yet another story idea, and I worked on that for a little while. Now I'm thinking of just going back to Suspico, since I have most of the story and a few puzzles already written.

Privateer Puddin'

Well, im working on a Pirate game, which i have planned the story and integrated the puzzles. Work has begun on art and trying to settle to a style which i can stick to throughout.

I'm also doing background art for a Police Quest fan game, which has stopped developement for a while, while my friend (his game) is on holiday.

Team Competition game, Spring Fever is slowly.. doing nothing.

and Blurred Line, if any one even knows what it is, has been put on hold.

Ben

Quote from: Squinky on Tue 02/09/2003 21:12:19
Just wondering where everybody was at with all their projects....And how you feel about them.

Projects? Huh?

I haven't worked on anything for about a month. I think it's partially a lack of motivation and partially hitting a brick wall in the plot/puzzle/characters department.. I guess I could take a break from the forum, but I really don't spend that much time here.

I'm not unproductive, I'm just lazy.

Archangel (aka SoupDragon)

Since the inspiration behind Path of Crystal hit me, I've never looked back, which I find extremely odd since it's no better than a lot of other ideas I've had but lost interest in.

Matt Brown

well, I hit a wall too. I lost a lot of time waiting for team members to get back into the country...but now, for some reason, that school has started again, ive felt more creative. I hope to get more TGC goodness out to you all....

but I guess ive been busy tweaking with bob's quest for a while. I dont think ill ever finish...I'll always be making a new version. this one has good graphics though...
word up

Dave Gilbert

Blame summer.  I've had no motivation at ALL.  But with the cold weather approaching I've been thinking about dusting off my code and continuing.  My problem is that my plot is a bit too complicated.  I have an elaborate backstory worked out and I'm having trouble fitting it within the game itself.  I've been trying to streamline it.

I played Grundy's "Granny Zombiekiller" side-quest demo and I like the idea. I might do something like that.

Captain Mostly

Well Squinks, I'm just about to get round to hounding you to agree to work with me on a serious and awe-inspiring new game. I just have to see what happens about the number-of-object-in-a-room issue to check how horribly hard the thing is going to be to make.

You'd say yeah though wouldn't you? It's only going to be a HEAP of work! And it might even come at a more reasonable pace than the VPXT2 stuff did!!!

Paranoia

my main project, keeps changing! i'm on with the intro with animation, i'm trying to get my head round poser, and lose my temper with it everytime! i'm trying to make the shooter scenes, but i'm realizing my limitations now.i have got my main character done for the sept MAGS game using  poser ;D
my MAGS is three rooms up to now, well it would of been 3 if our stupid dog hadn't shut the pc down with her fat ass! (tower sits on the floor :-\) that will teach me to save more often!

Eggie

Well, I had a (very) small selection of character graphics for Minion but I recently deleted them. I've also decided to scrap my original game design for the setting and work with a less ambitious plot.
So...0% then...

Oh yeah, and over the last few days I scripted an interactive intro for a potential RON game. I mostly did it for laughs but there's a good chance I may follow it up.

Minimi

Well, my projects aren't also as they should be here is a list of the games (its abit too long list i guess) I'm working on, and their state

Sam&Moos and the treisure of grandpa - 65% - lack of inspiration, but I hope to finish it this month :)

Undeniable - Still at the beginnning. I just decided to not make any commercial game, but to make it freeware, because paying for games sucks, so that means the game doesnt have to be THAT long, though I'm still working hard on the plot. A demo should be available within 2 months

Phonebooth - I haven't told you much about it for a long time, though im still working on it, and all that is left, is alot of dialogs, wich needs lots of creativity and TIME!

Puddy Penguin and the Yeti - My newest project for the MAGS of this month, so it will be finished this month! so I will also probably be the first game I'm finishing, and I'm happy with the look of the penguin! ;)

Trapped in the past - I just finished the story and plot of the game, and also some concept art of the maincharacter, though I'm still very much thinking about wich style im going to use for this game. This game will take lots of time to make, and will be pretty long, and in the style of Jack Orlando.

As you can see... IM BUSY!! ;D

Evil

Heh, still *starting* art for RE's game. I should really start to hammer those out.

Ben: PIIIIIIINNNNNNBBBAAAAALLLLL!!1 :p

Adamski

Currently in the process of tweaking the plot and puzzles for both TJH Part 2 and Byzantine, and throwing some art ideas back and forth with the respective artists for each project. Both Scotch and Pessi seem to have disappeared though, which is slightly worrying.

Ben

Quote from: Evil on Tue 02/09/2003 21:59:01Ben: PIIIIIIINNNNNNBBBAAAAALLLLL!!1 :p

No progress there either  :(. That's mostly a matter of learning how to use Game Maker, and figuring out how to do the physics (which is really just simple algebra, but there's a lot of it). I'm procrastinating because the first part is the least fun  :P

Evil

You know I am plenty willing to help with anything... :)

remixor

I am currently at zero percent on my Mr. Carlson project, which was lost (along with everything else on my harddrive) when one of the mounts broke in my laptop and my hard drive was rendered completely unusable.  Since it was a physical problem (not corrupt files or anything), it would have cost me several hundreds of dollars  to recover the data, which is financially unfeasable for me.

Basically, I got nuthin'.  >:(  I need to build up the motivation to start a new project all over, but it's most likely not going to be the same concept; it would be too frustrating to do all the same stuff all over again.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Ciro Durán

I'm in Caracas with my game, he's spending a good time here :).

(Very Bad joke)

I recently returned to my project, which I started in january this year because of a major strike here that had all us sitting in our houses watching the roof with nothing to do. It's about 70% done, with some minor animations I have to do, a room I have to fill with text, the code part, and some pictures for the intro. :P

cornjob

Quote from: custard on Tue 02/09/2003 21:19:16

and Blurred Line, if any one even knows what it is, has been put on hold.

Wait, you're not talking about A Blurred Line the rpg, are you? I've just been playing that, due to someone here mentioning it. It's like the best RM2K evar ... don't tell me you're the author.

MillsJROSS

I've been fairly busy now that school has started up, but my work on Ace Quest 2 has not diminished, whenever I get a free hour or more in a day, I dedicate it to the game. Sometimes I don't get time, so the work is slow. But it's something, and I'm confident I'll finish working on the game. When will it finally be complete? I don't know. It'll probably go quickly once I get past the begining, mainly because I'm trying build the characters a bit, and it takes some work. I'm also trying to add animations and sound effects where needed. It won't be professional quality, by any means, but I think it'll be decent game when I'm through with it. Estimated percentage of completion: 10%. That doesn't sound like a lot, but considering I restarted the whole thing two or three months back, it does bode well for the game. And like I said, progress should move quickly once I get past the begining.

-MillsJROSS

Femme Stab Mode >:D

A bad day for bras is almost halted, I am making the animations SLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWLLY but they are coming along. I kind of turned to RPG making lately, you see.
NANANANANANA ASSHOLE!

Timosity

Current Mystery project: (some of you may know it)

Current status:

Total sprites: 2467 (I'm glad you can flip sprites in the views or there would be many more)
Total views: 162 (that's using all the loops where possible)
GUI buttons: 124 (mmm there is only 150 available)
Inventory items: 36
characters: 46
Rooms: 80

I've been constantly working on it since February, and I'm probably more keen working on it now than ever. It's probably just over half way complete (including wlk-bhinds, scriting, animations, well everything possible up to this point), I'm really enjoying it.

I'm almost ready to do a mid game Beta-Test to weed out any bugs, so stay tuned.

Eggie

Cornjob: I think he's talking about his Toonstruck ripoff game.  :P

my project is just a mess at the moment. it's currently on hold. got interested in another. it's usual to get sidetracked sometimes.

I will finish it. but not now...
Albert Barillé and Hergé, we love you

Quintaros

I'm spending almost every spare moment I have working on it.  I'm currently working in a city 8hrs from where I consider home, so I don't have any life here and can dedicate myself to my game.  I work from the time I get home to the time I got to bed (about 5PM-midnight), everyday.  I'm lucky in that I have a project that I'm committed to.  I have no worries about losing interest to start another game b/c I love the one I'm working on.

Because my game is based on a television show, all of my production design is finished and I have good reference material for all of my rooms.  Even still I've only finished about 5% of the rooms I plan on making.  My player character walks left and right but he still glides forward and backward as I haven't finished his front and rear walk cycles.  Script is about 0.01% done.  I still haven't learned much of the programming side of AGS and all I've done is make a few animations work.  Story is maybe 30% done.  I know the beginning, middle and end but need more connecting incidents.  Puzzles are about 2%, which is to say I've been giving them some thought.  Music: 0%, I'll be lifting it from the series which means it'll be well written but I haven't yet figured out how to copy sound.

Snake

The Legend of Leitor's Edge:
Shit might not get done all the time, but something that is, is thoughts. I'm always thinking about Leitor's Edge whether it's puzzles or the storyline.

Rincewind and I have been working quite hard on breaking down the storyline and we are getting closer and closer every time we share the List. Unfortunately Squinky has been unable to participate in the project as of yet except for a few ideas. Vel is doing a great job with character developement and anything related to that. And lastly, the team might be gaining a new member soon.

--Edit--
Poobungies, I forgot to mention how I felt about it...
I'm very excited about this game. It's actually the farthest I've been with the planning part in any of the projects (besides the forgotton game MoNKeY WReNCH). I'm suprised how long I've stuck with it and I plan on sticking with it. I've got a good feeling about it and hopefully the rest of you fools with enjoy it when it is released in 2013.

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Andail

Timosity, that's one darn big project you've got going there!

As for myself, I've been working like a stupid dog the past few months, but I seem to do little progress...I just add script lines and sprites, but the progress of the very game-play is incredibly slow

I aim at releasing it in December, which could actually work if I keep up the high pace for yet some months, and if the beta-testing will run smoothly and so

Gilbert

Well it certainly is an annoying experience for me to play 2 games in a series without being able to play the one in between them.

So Andail: Finish TW2 quick!

Timosity

Quote from: Andail on Thu 04/09/2003 08:06:23
Timosity, that's one darn big project you've got going there!

It is rather large, (much larger than it seemed from the start) but I can't take full credit, even though I've done all the work in the project...... but to explain would give it away, it will soon be revealed to those that don't know what I'm talking about.

Hobbes

I'm currently in that exciting phase where you freshly begin a project. I'm streaming all my thoughts down on paper right now about Buccaneer II. I've imported some sprites from Buccaneer (the Richard sprite, and a few others, so, yeah, there's cameos).

I'm about 40% done with the plotline, I would say. After that, it gets fun when I begin to draw + script the whole thing. I've done one background so far, with plenty more to follow. Can't really give estimates yet, as the ideas are added and scrapped at a rapid pace. :)

Depths of Clearbay is on hold, as Buccaneer II is now taking up all my attention. Same goes for The Strange Day.

TerranRich

Well, I figure I'd come out of my hole for this thread while I'm here.

I'm almost done with my playable demo for By the Sword. It will basically be the first of the game's six chapters, fully playable. It's basically a game in itself, but it's also a portion of the "big picture" as it were.

I'd say I'm about 90-95% done with it, so STAY TUNED!!!

As for the entire game, about 15% :P But don't worry, work is going faster and faster on it, and it WILL be out sometime in 2004. ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk